Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Sweet Relief!!!!

I just got off the phone with Dale. The docs finally found something to relieve Izzy's pressure. She is finally sleeping well without strong sedatives. I can't tell you how happy that makes me! As Dale was saying earlier today, there is no worse hell that what we have been enduring watching Izzy miserable for the past several days. He'd prefer searing flesh than what we have seen in the days since she has been extubated. I would have gladly taken her place and much worse, just to lessen her discomfort and allow her to stop moaning.

We are hoping this means she will start to really eat again as well. And, if she is feeling better, we should be able to get her up more, so that the lungs can clear. Her x-ray today was apparently slightly better than yesterday, but still not good. The left lung is still compromised quite a bit. I would assume she is still on 1/2 liter of oxygen as well. Thank you all for your well wishes and keeping Izzy in your thoughts as she fought through this misery. I hope she starts doing some real recovery now. She is already back to sleeping on her side on her own. Until 4:00 a.m. this morning, she hadn't even attempted to roll since prior to her surgery.
Mel

7 Message(s)


Posted Apr 26, 2009 1:45pm
Some good news to brighten my day! Still praying for miss Izzy!
Laura and Lily
cp: lilygrace2

Posted Apr 26, 2009 10:16am
Thank God for small miracles. We're so happy Izzy is progressing and feeling better. Don't forget to take care of yourselves too! Many prayers coming for you.
Dorie
cp: MatthewNeuhaus

Posted Apr 25, 2009 11:14pm
I understand how you feel. I'd take on every illness my kids have had, and then some to ease their pain. And it's not even close to what you guys are going through every day.
I'm so relieved to hear she is resting now. That will go so far in helping her heal and get back home.

Posted Apr 25, 2009 9:57pm
glad to hear things are looking up!! God Bless You!!

Posted Apr 25, 2009 9:56pm
Glad they finally found something that helps. There's no worse feeling than being so helpless for our children. Hope you two get some rest!
HEART HUGS & PRAYERS~
cp: josephmichaelhall

Set1_rose
Posted Apr 25, 2009 9:52pm
Great news, lets keep in rolling. It's amazing how quickly things can change especially with little ones.
Love, June,David and Kristen

Posted Apr 25, 2009 8:30pm
Hooray! sounds like she is feeling better and ready to get moving. Hope this is the start of her recovery. susan

No comments:

Post a Comment