Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A good 24 hours

I must say Izzy had a very good 24 hours. Reduced swelling in her face is noticable now - she almost looks herself. Plan will be to move from IV lasix back to the oral.

Eating seems to be going well. Her body appears to be adjusting and accepting more food without too many problems.

Hemoglobin which was a tad low yesterday looks good today - back to the 9.5 (units?) from 3 days ago. Maybe we can discontinue the iron at home?

She's still not really herself yet. She has a lot of sleep to catch up on and would probably still feel a little punky even without the medical issues she has experienced lately.

The cardiac team was just in a few minutes ago. They will be trying to get her out of here by Thursday. I've had my hopes dashed quite a few times these past two weeks, so I'm finding it hard to get my hopes up too much.

All I can say is that though Izzy is finding her way back, the real healing will not begin until she is back home.

Dale

11 Message(s)


Box_pink
Posted Apr 29, 2009 6:09pm
Hope Thursday sees you at home. Glad to hear that things seem to be on an upswing. Go Izzy!

Posted Apr 28, 2009 9:19pm
Such encouraging news--Yeah!!! Know that our thoughts, prayers and well wishes remain with all of you!

Posted Apr 28, 2009 5:46pm
Sounds like good progress forward! I know how it is when a doctor says "home" -- you almost don't want them even saying it unless they really, really mean it and it's possible. I hope Izzy continues to move forward, eat better and gets that extra fluid off her!
kerri testement
cp: katietestement

Posted Apr 28, 2009 4:10pm
Praise the LORD that she is doing better!!! Let's continue to pray that she is finally on the road to recovery. And no... Home is the only place you can really recover. KJ (35 tricuspid atresia, pulmonary stenosis) cp: kjware74

Posted Apr 28, 2009 12:21pm
It's so good to hear how McKenzie's doing,after all she's been through these last few weeks. I have to imagine any rest she can get would help. You two have been her rock and her love through it all, may God bless you and keep you strong. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
The Mazeppa's

Posted Apr 28, 2009 10:36am
I know you never want say the HOME word because things can change. Were praying home is around the corner soon and little missy continues to improve. Soo happy to read things are improving.
God bless you all,
The Pollard Family
cp: ourgift

Posted Apr 28, 2009 10:13am
sounds like things are going really great!! congrats to you!! you'll continue to be in our prayers. you're right, you all just need to be at home.

Posted Apr 28, 2009 10:00am
So glad to hear she is doing better. Love and Hugs.

Posted Apr 28, 2009 9:23am
Wonderful, wonderful,wonderful!! Great to hear good news! Keep it up Izzy! Hang in there Dale and Mel, sounds like maybe you have turned a corner!

Posted Apr 28, 2009 8:56am
Sounds like things are finally heading in the right direction. Hang in there and we hope you'll get home soon.
HEART HUGS & PRAYERS~
cp: josephmichaelhall

Posted Apr 28, 2009 8:49am
This is a good update, I'm glad you are all starting to see significant progress. Hoping for home soon!
Laura and Lily
cp: lilygrace2

No comments:

Post a Comment