Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I Got My Baby Back

Today was a very good day for Izzy. She spent the majority of the day off oxygen and is still off it right now. She ate wonderfully (somewhat better than pre-surgery). She played a lot. She smiled sometimes and she made two happy noises. I never saw a laugh, but hearing the "ahhs" come out of her made me so incredibly happy as brief as they may have been. The oral lasix is working this time (unlike the end of last week) and she is not very swollen. During one nap today, I looked at her and saw my Izzy again.

The best part is that they already went through the discharge instructions, gave me her home perscriptions, and moved us to the cardiac care floor--all steps toward going home. On her ride to the new room, she was sitting up in the bed beaming. She loved it even though we only went 4 doors down. If she can keep it up and pass her echo tomorrow, we may just get to go home Thursday. I don't forsee a problem with the echo. The one last week looked great and her perfusion study last Friday was good, if not surprising (her right lung is getting more blood than the left even though the right pulmonary artery is much smaller than the left).

I'm not getting my hopes up too high. She has been good before and then gone backward, but it just feels like she has turned a corner. I think I may be able to even get some sleep sitting next to her tonight. Even though she has slept through the night my last two turns, sleep never really came for me. I was too nervous. Tonight, I hope to be better. Now, if I can just figure out how to drown out the sports Izzy's neighbor has on and intends to have on all night (a 3 month old who only calms down if sports are on).

Good night!

Mel

PS
As I write this post, she is starting to make the "ahh" noise again. It is wonderful. I was beginning to wonder if she would ever make any noise other than moaning and crying again.

19 Message(s)


Posted Apr 29, 2009 4:02pm
Thats wonderful news! Continuing prayer for all of you.

Posted Apr 29, 2009 3:43pm
YIPPEE!

Posted Apr 29, 2009 2:11pm
Yay! : ) Amy

Posted Apr 29, 2009 12:19pm
I am so excited to hear things are going well.
Thank you for keeping us all updated. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Nicole

Posted Apr 29, 2009 12:01pm
GREAT news, you made my morning! I am so happy for you and praying you get to come home soon!
Laura and Lily
cp: lilygrace2

Posted Apr 29, 2009 11:52am
such wonderful news!!!! just enjoy and be happy, you deserve it!!

Posted Apr 29, 2009 11:11am
What wonderful news. Continued prayers coming your way!!
God Bless You All!!
Dedie White
cp: HannahWhite

Posted Apr 29, 2009 10:43am
What wonderful news! There's nothing seeing your baby's beautiful smile! Praying things continue to move in the right direction.
God bless you all,
The Pollard Family
cp: ourgift

Posted Apr 29, 2009 9:21am
such a welcome sight to have your izzy back. we're hoping for a homecoming soon!
love, rojelio, annie & lucia

Posted Apr 29, 2009 8:46am
So happy to hear Izzy is back to her old self again. Hugs to all of you!
Dorie
cp: MatthewNeuhaus

Posted Apr 29, 2009 7:53am
Great to hear that she is doing so well...and hopefully heading toward going home!
Always in our many thoughts and prayers,
Stefenie, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan Jacks
cp: Loganbear

Posted Apr 29, 2009 7:37am
So glad to hear this! ...though sorry about the all night sports. Have to say it made me laugh. My parents always told me about how the hospital had to tune a transister radio to Rock & Roll, wrap it in a blacket & placed it in my basinet. It was the only thing that worked, but if they put it on the overheard, it made all the other babies upset. (They told me that they found Jimi Hendrix' Are You Experienced album worked best to put me to sleep.)
Keeping up the prayers... P, L, & S,
Jen (Holloway)

Posted Apr 29, 2009 6:33am
what a nice message to receive! hope things continue to move toward coming home healthier. susan

Posted Apr 28, 2009 11:54pm
So glad to hear that Izzy is feeling better. I check on her every day. Rest well mama, another battle won!!!
Norma Lori (Sydnie Guttovz Grandma)

Set1_rose
Posted Apr 28, 2009 10:42pm
Good to see Izzy is becoming herself! Have a good night's sleep and happy dreams.
Love June,David and Kristen

Posted Apr 28, 2009 10:39pm
How wonderful!!! I hope all this good progress continues and you are out of there very soon. Heart hugs, Joy and Jilliann cp sillyjilly07

Posted Apr 28, 2009 10:08pm
Sending continued prayers and thanks to God for McKenzie's progression. Soon you'll all be home and McKenzie will regain her strength and health and then she will resume her childhood. God bless you all...you've been through more than anyone should have to in such a short time. The past year has probably felt like ten to you..maybe even more. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and it's getting closer....have a good sleep, Mel (I hope) :o) Lots of love, Aunt Char xoxoxo

Posted Apr 28, 2009 10:04pm
YEAH IZZY!
~HEART HUGS~
cp: josephmichaelhall

Posted Apr 28, 2009 9:58pm
That's such great news, Melonie. I'm very hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment