During rounds this morning, they decided today was not going to
work to get Izzy off of the vent. She is not breathing over the
vent as much today as she had been. Her PD drain is still dumping
lots of fluid, so they upped her lasix. They tried to up her
dabutomine to help with the excess fluid, but it caused her blood
pressure go up too high. Her feeds are as high as they want to go
(22 cc per hour---30 cc is an ounce), so that is very good. She
still looks great and they are going to pull her pacer wires after
the next dose of chlorohydrate has some time to sink in. They
continue to ween her fenitnol and versed drips and hopefully she
will be able to be extubated tomorrow. If it doesn't happen
tomorrow, I can see them trying to wait until Monday. I don't want
to wait that long, but Izzy will do everything at her own pace.
It is really hard on Dale and I with the vent in and them cutting back on sedation. Izzy wakes up more with the lower sedation and Dale and I have been instructed not to stimulate her. So, she is either completely knocked out or when she wakes up, we can't talk to her or touch her because if we do she will want to fight to get to us. We know it is best for her that we stay back, but it is so incredibly difficult. I just want to hold my baby again and all I can do is look at her lying in the bed.
Please keep Izzy in your thoughts and my paternal grandmother. She was admitted to the ICU last night. She has pneumonia and had tachycardia after being admitted for the pneumonia. Please also send positive thoughts to my parents who are taking care of Phin, trying to keep things as normal as possible for him, and taking care of things at the hospital with Grandma. Thank you all!
Mel
It is really hard on Dale and I with the vent in and them cutting back on sedation. Izzy wakes up more with the lower sedation and Dale and I have been instructed not to stimulate her. So, she is either completely knocked out or when she wakes up, we can't talk to her or touch her because if we do she will want to fight to get to us. We know it is best for her that we stay back, but it is so incredibly difficult. I just want to hold my baby again and all I can do is look at her lying in the bed.
Please keep Izzy in your thoughts and my paternal grandmother. She was admitted to the ICU last night. She has pneumonia and had tachycardia after being admitted for the pneumonia. Please also send positive thoughts to my parents who are taking care of Phin, trying to keep things as normal as possible for him, and taking care of things at the hospital with Grandma. Thank you all!
Mel
No comments:
Post a Comment