Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Can't leave for 30 minutes!!!!

Izzy has had a bloated, gassy day. She had only about an hour of sleep this morning until a noise I made woke her up. It took three more hours to finally get her comfortable to go back to sleep. I took this oportunity to grab a quick bite.

When I returned they had her hooked up to the EKG machine. "It will only take 5 minutes I'm told." Well guess what? Those 5 minutes means an already tired beyond reason girl doesn't get to take an afternoon nap. I'm alternately typing and getting up to comfort McKenzie in the vain hope she'll go back to sleep again.

**** I'm angry. Sleep plays SOME part in the healing process, right?

That's all for now...just had to vent.
Dale

4 Message(s)


Posted Apr 23, 2009 8:39pm
God Bless You!!! Can't even imagine your frustration! But it will get better we're sure so take care and breathe deeply!!

Posted Apr 23, 2009 5:34pm
UGH!!!

Posted Apr 23, 2009 3:57pm
I know how it feels - we finally put a sign up - "you wake her you deal with her". No test had to wake my daughter when she was so agitated when woken.
Posted Apr 23, 2009 3:18pm
You know they said it would take time for the excess oxygen to leave her system. Have they given her the meds they ordered yet? I know they had little doubt it would work, but she needs sleep. If not ask for the chloro or something similar again. She needs sleep. Tomorrow she has a big test being done (I forgot to mention it).
Love you,
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment