Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Quick Status

Dale and I are readying ourselves to return to the hospital. Since McKenzie is completely knocked out and the family area for us to sleep has been completely full at all times, we have come home the last two nights to sleep. We are guessing that as of today, that will be changing. They talked of trying to extabate McKenzie today, which would mean no more cholorhydrate. I don't really believe they will extabate today because it took a month the last time for her to get off the respirator, but it is nice to know they are already thinking in that direction. The cholorhydrate works well*, but if she can wake up, I'm all for that. Please continue to keep McKenzie is your thoughts. She is doing very well, everything has been stable and her sats are in the mid-90s. She is pink everywhere!
Mel

*I say the cholorhydrate works well, but not as well as they hoped. They planned on giving it to her every 8 hours, but at 7 hours she decided to try to rear up again and get off the table. I was literally holding her head and stomach in place to keep her from disrupting the breathing tube too much. She is our little fighter. Love it!

12 Message(s)


Posted Apr 15, 2009 1:33pm
PINK!! Yay for pink!

Posted Apr 15, 2009 1:07pm
I am so glad things are going well, we will continue to pray it stays that way. God bless your little fighter and her big brother two.

Posted Apr 15, 2009 12:47pm
Private message
Don't you love pink!!! I pray McKenzie is able to tolerate extubating and can stay off the vent! What a strong little girl she is!!! Before you know it she'll be ready to play and move around in bed!!! Question: was she on the vent so long last time because of her vocal cords?
I pray all goes well and that the sleeping area traffic slows down... I know the feeling... I remember being so tired that the floor looked so comfortable at times!!! Crazy right?! Prayers and best wishes!
ps. I received your letter, thank you for sending it out, I hope our messages are heard!
pss. Thank you for posting about the CHD awareness calandar... Syd has her photo shoot this Sat!
Hugs,
Sundie & Sydnie

Posted Apr 15, 2009 12:21pm
Sending thoughts & prayers your way. Hoping for a day of good news for all of you.
HEART HUGS!
cp: josephmichaelhall

Posted Apr 15, 2009 9:39am
Sending y'all prayers for a continued smooth recovery!
kerri testement
cp: katietestement

Posted Apr 15, 2009 8:46am
Sending prayers for a smooth recovery!
~Stephanie and Braeden(HLHS)

Posted Apr 15, 2009 8:27am
Sounds like she is ready for the tube to come out! Sending our many prayers for a smooth extubation!
Always in our many thoughts and prayers,
Stefenie, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan Jacks
cp: Loganbear

Posted Apr 15, 2009 8:26am
Sounds like she is ready to get up and go...
Such a trooper. Will keep praying for a speedy recovery and rest for you.
Hugs
Andrea

Posted Apr 15, 2009 7:55am

Go Izzy-boo! I knew she would be giving everyone a hard time. Prayers will continue.
Renee

Babyg_balloons
Posted Apr 15, 2009 7:17am
I can see her rearing up. She is one tuff cookie. I pray that everything goes well today.
Love Aunt Liz

Set1_rose
Posted Apr 15, 2009 7:01am
Go Izzy!!!
Love, June,David and Kristen

Posted Apr 15, 2009 6:31am
sounds like things are moving in the right direction. cant wait to see the girl in pink! susan

No comments:

Post a Comment