Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Posted Apr 25, 2009 11:18am

Izzy and I went for a short walk around the fourth floor. I truly believe she needed to see something different to keep her from growing disheartened. She was still mostly fussy, especially in my arms, but she quieted down to take in the view once we got moving.

Afterwards she was treated to a Zopenex/Mucomyst breathing treatment. The Mucomyst has the purpose of breaking down disulfide bonds in mucus (word up to the geeks reading this) to make it thinner and thus easier to expel.

She did have an excellent bout of coughing after, clearing up her lungs a bit more.

She's now resting relatively comforatable and will hopefully do so for at least an hour.

Dale

4 Message(s)

Posted Apr 25, 2009 2:50pm
I'm glad you were able to go yesterday. I wanted to take her so badly, but she didn't have the stregth to keep her head up on her own. I love you both!!!
Mel

Posted Apr 25, 2009 1:35pm
good luck!!

Posted Apr 25, 2009 12:48pm
your words bring back memories of Will after his last surgery, he was such a sad little boy, he missed his home and his daddy and his siblings...I was worried, then we got home (and neatly all weaned from methadone!) and he quickly turned back to his happy boy self...so will Izzy!

Posted Apr 25, 2009 12:40pm
Glad to hear you got to take a nice stroll. I'm sure you both needed a change of scenery. Good to hear also that the breathing treatments are so helpful. Cassidy had a lot of "lung smush" after her last 2 surgeries too. Keeping you in our thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment