Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Help Needed

Dale called to tell me that Izzy's left lung is worse today despite all of the CPTs to open lung. They have now put her on high-flow oxygen. Hopefully, they will not have to intubate again. And, she ate half of her morning feed by bottle this morning. Unfortunately, they can't have her work too hard because of her lungs full of gunk, so she couldn't do much more. I'm brining our own bottles in this morning, so that we can get a faster flow and hopefully, more food in a shorter period of time. I hate the n-g tube!!! I hate it mostly because it adds to her GI problems and exacerbates them, no matter how good it is for her nutrition.

Many people have asked what they can do for us while McKenzie is in the hospital, but the only things we need are not possible for people to give--more time, cloning Dale and I, and a new living room lamp. But now, there is something you can do. Several of the heart moms started a letter writing campaign to ask Oprah to help spread awareness of CHDs. With awareness comes more understanding and more donations for research funding. It is the only way for us to start. Unlike so many diseases that have major organizations raising money for the cause, there is no such organization for CHD. So, it is up to heart families and friends to do all of the work without ad campaigns and celebrity endorsements. So, I'm asking you (some of you a second time) to write a letter regarding your experience with CHD, even if it is just reading the Izzy's carepage. Every aspect of the CHD is important to show the effect on the community at large. At the carepage cp: WhereThereIsLifeThereIsHope, a new post was put up about the project and they started a new website for it http://www.ourlettersofhope.com. They extended the deadline for letters since they didn't get enough. Please write a letter if you can. Deadlines are end of May.

Also, if you haven't done so already, write to your congressperson and senator to ask them to support the Congenital Heart Futures Act.

Thanks,
Melonie

7 Message(s)


Posted Apr 21, 2009 10:39am
Well, you can't buy and ship time. I don't personally know how to clone. But I can pray and write letters! Ok, got that covered. Now how about that lamp? What kind of lamp do you need? Hugs to you all!
Dorie
cp: MatthewNeuhaus

Posted Apr 21, 2009 10:01am
Thank you Melonie for posting about the letters! I added (or copied what you wrote...) the info on an update on my page as well. Together we will get all the letters that are needed and see a change.
I will say a special prayer for Izzy today.
Prayers Always,
Trisha
cp: JohnnysWay

Posted Apr 21, 2009 9:49am
prayers for Izzy, Will was on high flow and then bi-pap for a collaped lung/pnuemothorax, it wasnt pleasant, but what ever it takes, right?!
and he didnt seem to mind it as much as I did...prayers that the high flow does it for Izzy and she is able to eat by mouth...
hugs, Kim and Will

Set1_rose
Posted Apr 21, 2009 9:27am
A letter will go out today.
June,David and Kristen

Posted Apr 21, 2009 9:19am
I read your page everyday lately to check on Izzy..I don't know you but have posted on your page before. I just wanted to let you know I sent the info on the Letters to Oprah to our Local (or not so much local anymore..going National now) CHD organization. It is called ItsMyHeart.org. I am hoping they as well as all of their members can help get letters to Oprah. The more the merrier...right?
Our daughter will need her second surgery within the next year and your page helps me see what we will go through. Although I should know...but some how it just helps! Maybe we will be as strong as you guys!
Lots of prayers for you and Izzy!
Shalonda Lowther
carepage: EmmaLowther (Truncus Arteriosus, DiGeorge)

Posted Apr 21, 2009 8:40am
Praying for Izzy!
Thank you for spreading the information on Letters of Hope! We hope we get enough letters to grab Oprah's attention and get awareness for CHD's pout there!
Always in our many thoughts and prayers,
Stefenie, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan Jacks
cp: Loganbear

No comments:

Post a Comment