Pages

Friday, April 10, 2009

Step 1 Complete

Dale, Izzy, and I spent the morning at Children's doing all of Izzy's pre-op testing. Really, we spent the morning being moved from one waiting room to another, with a couple of tests mixed in. We were all done, waiting to go home, Izzy was sound asleep and they decided she needed more blood drawn so they could tell her type and cross match it. I objected since she has had tons of blood products there and so they should already know her type and the anestegiologist mentioned it would not need to be done until Monday if necessary. So, the nurse had to make more phone calls to check and we waited some more. But, we were released.

P4060051

I'd like to say that she got this grump face because of the long morning, but really, she just does it all of the time and I love it.

Izzy is doing really well. She is ready for her surgery. She is ready to get out of the house and move. She was so excited to be at the hospital today and see different people and do something different, until she realized she wasn't allowed to crawl around. Maybe, if it gets warm enough, we will head outside today for a walk. Both kids would love it! Phin isn't too happy with this lock-down mode either. He wants to see a change of scenery. He is very excited to have a sleep over with his counsins on Sunday night!

P4050042

So, 6am on Monday, Izzy, Dale, and I will check in and then off she goes. I hope everyone has a great weekend. I know we will be sharing a lot of quality family time. I will update at some point Monday. Please keep Izzy in your thoughts and send positive thoughts her way. She can use as much help as she can get.
Mel

15 Message(s)


Set1_rose
Posted Apr 12, 2009 1:30am
You will all be in our thoughts full of love and positive thoughts. Have a wonderful Easter!
June, David and Kristen

Posted Apr 11, 2009 5:57pm
Hey Mel, Know that we are sending positive thoughts, heartfelt well-wishes and prayers your way for Izzy and your family. Take great care!!!

Praying_hands1
Posted Apr 11, 2009 1:54pm
Izzy is in my thoughts and prayers! Enjoy all your family time together.
Prayers Always,
Trisha
cp: JohnnysWay

Posted Apr 11, 2009 7:49am
Oh, we know how that anticipation before surgery goes. And good for you, putting your foot down, when they could have drawn blood another time and/or gotten it from the previous tests. Sometimes, comfort is the best medicine and after a long day, Izzy needed her sleep!
We'll be keeping y'all in our prayers!
kerri testement
cp: katietestement

Set1_lilyvalley
Posted Apr 10, 2009 9:17pm
Dear Mel & Dale,
The time has come that you've waited so long for...the anticipation, the fears, the longing and more fears....I think it's appropriate to note what an important week this is...isn't it amazing that McKenzie's surgery is on the day after Easter? With Easter comes new life...I believe this with all my heart...McKenzie will have new life breathing into her, God's own breath...and she will have a wonderful and happy, healthy life. Not without a few glitches here and there but she will be fine. I have felt this all along and have never let my faith falter. Keep the faith and know that everything will be amazingly wonderful and soon your 'fear and anxiety' energy will turn into a different kind energy, the kind needed for chasing McKenzie down the street :o)
Love and Prayers and wishes for a Blessed Easter to you all.
Love, Aunt Char

Posted Apr 10, 2009 6:16pm
Private message
I will be thinking of you. Hope all goes well. Dan.

Posted Apr 10, 2009 5:12pm
my thoughts will be very positive for you and izzy! i cant wait to have her back at school! you will certainly all be in my thoughts o monday. have a wonderful weekend . susan

Posted Apr 10, 2009 5:07pm
I will be praying, I know this is a stressful time, hang in there!! (((HUGS))) kim and Will cp: HeWill

Posted Apr 10, 2009 5:04pm
Have a wonderful Easter weekend. I will be keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers.
Mel I will light a candle for Izzy after church on Sunday. Nicole

Posted Apr 10, 2009 3:56pm
Wishing all of you a happy Easter, and an enjoyable weekend. We'll be keeping all of you in our thoughts and prayers especially little McKenzie.
Love The Mazeppa's

Posted Apr 10, 2009 3:29pm
We'll be thinking about you. In the meantime enjoy your holiday. Rojelio, Annie & Lucia

Posted Apr 10, 2009 3:25pm
Praying for your whole family and Izzy during surgery. I know how overwhelming it can be.
Tina
cp: karlybug

Posted Apr 10, 2009 3:21pm
We will be praying for you and your family and especially for Izzy. Enjoy the weekend and Happy Easter.
Hugs
Andrea

Posted Apr 10, 2009 2:36pm
Best of luck. Have an enjoyable Easter in advance of the surgery. Mike Reynolds

Posted Apr 10, 2009 2:34pm
Private message
Mel,
The kids are so gorgeous. Have a wonderful easter and prays with you all for Monday.
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment