Izzy is doing much, much better. She didn't wake up with the
rattling sound in her lungs this morning, her nose isn't running,
and she is not coughing!!! It appears that her bronchitis is
leaving. So, hopefully, on Monday we can tell the surgeons' office
she is well.
With one week to go before her surgery, Izzy is officially crawling as her mode of transportation. She has been doing it randomly all week, but as of yesterday I think her brain finally realized what she was doing. We have it on video, but until Dale can convert from high-def, we won't be posting it here. Too big! My goal was to have to her crawling before surgery. My hopes were that if she knew how to do it before, she would be quicker to do it after. We'll see if I am correct.
She has also really started to enjoy books. We've read to her all along like we did with Phin, but she was not as interested in the books. Now, she loves them and looks at them on her own. They are not just chew toys any more. It is really great to see that interest spark. While we spend a great percentage of our time reading the same books over and over again, it is so worth it because I know we will have two kids who love to read.
Off to build towers for Izzy to knock over. Have a great weekend.
Mel
PS
I'm adding new photos to the gallery.
With one week to go before her surgery, Izzy is officially crawling as her mode of transportation. She has been doing it randomly all week, but as of yesterday I think her brain finally realized what she was doing. We have it on video, but until Dale can convert from high-def, we won't be posting it here. Too big! My goal was to have to her crawling before surgery. My hopes were that if she knew how to do it before, she would be quicker to do it after. We'll see if I am correct.
She has also really started to enjoy books. We've read to her all along like we did with Phin, but she was not as interested in the books. Now, she loves them and looks at them on her own. They are not just chew toys any more. It is really great to see that interest spark. While we spend a great percentage of our time reading the same books over and over again, it is so worth it because I know we will have two kids who love to read.
Off to build towers for Izzy to knock over. Have a great weekend.
Mel
PS
I'm adding new photos to the gallery.
![]() |
| Daddy and Izzy. April 1, 2009. |

No comments:
Post a Comment