Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Still Sedated

They are not going to extabate today because McKenzie is so sedated. They have been weening down on the fenitnol and versed drips she was getting since she is still knocked out with the cholorohydrate. They are trying to get to a point where she can wake up a little without thrashing about and doing damage. We are getting there, but as I was going to write this post, she started to move around too much, so we held her down and more drugs were given. I think we are getting there though. She is doing well overall. They will see if extabation is an option for tomorrow. She is tolerating continuous feeds. She is still dumping a lot of fluid from her one chest tube (PD) and they are trying to stop that, but she is not too swollen. Her oxygen saturations are not as high as they had been, hovering in the low 90s now, but they noticed her lungs were getting more fluid with this morning's x-ray. They are taking steps to correct that.

Dale and I greatly appreciate all of the love and support everyone is giving us. It helps us to know everyone is looking out for us. A special thanks to Courtney and boys for watching Phin, to my mom and dad for taking care of Phin, and to Aunt Liz for stepping in at the last minute today to watch Phin when my parents had to take my grandmother to the emergency room.
Melonie

8 Message(s)


Posted Apr 16, 2009 9:06am
I hope your Grandma is OK. I am praying for your whole family. I love this website! God bless.

Posted Apr 15, 2009 7:53pm
I think of McKenzie and both of you and your family many times a day. I continue to keep all of you in my prayers.
Sincerely,
Miss Hazel

Posted Apr 15, 2009 7:44pm

Hope your Grandmother is ok.
Renee

Posted Apr 15, 2009 6:52pm
Continuing to pray for you all and for a smooth recovery.
Laura and Lily
cp: lilygrace2

Posted Apr 15, 2009 6:28pm
Glad to hear that things are going well. I will keep Izzy in my prayers.

Set1_rose
Posted Apr 15, 2009 5:16pm
Izzy is a lucky little girl to have arrived in your family. All of the love, concern and advocating you do for her makes a huge difference! Let the love surround you and lift you up.
Love, June, David and Kristen

Thinkingofyou1
Posted Apr 15, 2009 5:06pm
I am glad to hear things are going well. I will continue to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Lots of Love,
Nicole

Posted Apr 15, 2009 5:05pm
Sounds like things are going pretty well. I will continue to keep Izzy in my thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment