McKenzie was miserable all night. She wouldn't sleep, despite
being so, so tired. All she did was lay in the bed and moan. She
didn't look to be in pain, but very uncomfortable. She had a
distended belly and I must have changed over 10 poopy diapers.
Apparently, the high flow oxygen she needs to be on to help open up
her lungs can get blown into her belly and cause her gasiness. The
docs are looking into ways to help her. The only way we got her to
sleep was using cholorhydrate again. She slept from 3 to 6 when
they did her morning x-rays. She just fell asleep again. Hopefully,
it will last a little while. I am so beyond exhausted. I have so
much more respect for parents with colicy kids. I don't think I
could do it. I was at my wits end last night. It didn't help that
the nurse didn't think it was necessary to change McKenzie's poopy
diaper each time since it was so little. That angered me. McKenzie
let me know when she needed to be changed. She'd cry harder until I
realized what was going on and even fought the chloro at its
strongest point until I changed her. I can't believe anyone would
suggest leaving stool next to senistive skin for an extended period
of time!!!!
Other than that, McKenzie is doing very well. She ate 3+ ounces at 9 pm, 2 ounces at 1:30 am, and 3+ ounces at 6 am. When we sat her up to do the chest percussions, she played with her toys. And she has been coughing a lot, which is exactly what she needs to do to clear out her lungs.
Dale should be here in a hour or so to relieve me. I can't wait to take a nap!!!! The question is do I have enough energy to drive myself home first or do I attempt a pre-nap in the family area. I think the gestapo security guards at the family center will make that decision for me. Dale will get here right at cleaning time and the security guards are just plain mean when it comes to clearing the room for the cleaning crew. If you don't leave within 1 minute of them notifying you (no matter how much junk you have with you), they start to hound you like a rabid dog.
Good night.
Melonie
PS
Just as I finished this post, the docs rounded. They are going to turn off the high flow to see how she does. She x-rays looked great, her lungs are clearing. They are shooting to release McKenzie on Monday. I'm not getting my hopes up, but it is promising.
Other than that, McKenzie is doing very well. She ate 3+ ounces at 9 pm, 2 ounces at 1:30 am, and 3+ ounces at 6 am. When we sat her up to do the chest percussions, she played with her toys. And she has been coughing a lot, which is exactly what she needs to do to clear out her lungs.
Dale should be here in a hour or so to relieve me. I can't wait to take a nap!!!! The question is do I have enough energy to drive myself home first or do I attempt a pre-nap in the family area. I think the gestapo security guards at the family center will make that decision for me. Dale will get here right at cleaning time and the security guards are just plain mean when it comes to clearing the room for the cleaning crew. If you don't leave within 1 minute of them notifying you (no matter how much junk you have with you), they start to hound you like a rabid dog.
Good night.
Melonie
PS
Just as I finished this post, the docs rounded. They are going to turn off the high flow to see how she does. She x-rays looked great, her lungs are clearing. They are shooting to release McKenzie on Monday. I'm not getting my hopes up, but it is promising.
No comments:
Post a Comment