Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Back on the Ventilator

Izzy was re-intubated this morning. It seems to be working a little. If it doesn't work enough to help clear out her lungs, they will insert a scope to clean out the areas in the bronchial sacs as necessary. It is not a huge set back, but since she was starting to play, eat, smile, and be Izzy again, it has been very hard. Dale and I cried a lot this morning, but we know it is necessary. Izzy doesn't like coming off the vent. That is all there is to it. She wants to take her own time. She is still looking good though. Her incision is healing so well, there is no longer a need for bandages.

They won't decide if the vent can be taken off until tomorrow at the earliest. I don't think that will happen. Right now, we are just keeping her comfortable and completely knocked out. I guess Dale and I will both be sleeping at home tonight since we won't want to wake her and can't do much for her when she is on the vent. I can't help but wonder if her lungs are extra susceptible because of her hard case of the adenovirus in November. Her pulmonologist was concerned that permanent damage had been done, but was surprised when it was not evident. I think I may ask the docs next time they come in. I wish Izzy's pulmonologist was here so I could ask him. I like him a lot, but he is at Beaumont, not CHM.

Keep Izzy in your thoughts. Soon we will be back to working on getting her to eat, to move her hands, to smile again.
Mel

12 Message(s)


Posted Apr 22, 2009 2:51pm
Hang in there... they all do things when they need to and this includes coming off the vent. It is hard for us to watch and especially when they have to go back on but it will okay. We will continue to pray that God will let the doctors know when the right time actually is....
Debbie
cp: Zayne1

Posted Apr 22, 2009 11:48am
Praying for Izzy and the whole family.
GOd bless you all,
The Pollard Family
cp: ourgift

Posted Apr 22, 2009 9:44am
We know this tough on the whole family, but Izzy just needs her own time to recover from such a major surgery. Sometimes, it seems like three steps forward, and two back . . . but she will get there!
Keeping y'all in our prayers!
kerri testement
cp: katietestement

Posted Apr 21, 2009 9:55pm
Poor Izzy! I am so sorry to hear of her set back. Can you put a call in to her pulmonologist? We are keeping her (and mom & dad) in our prayers.
HUGS & PRAYERS~
cp: josephmichaelhall

Posted Apr 21, 2009 4:28pm
We've never met but I have been following Izzy's page for a little while. She is a beautiful little girl! My daughter, Brielle, has HLHS and had a long recovery from her first surgery. I understand how trying it can be when recovery doesn't go as smoothly as we would like. Hang in there mom and dad! I will be praying that Izzy gets better soon.
Tina and Brielle LeMire
cp: BrielleNicole

Posted Apr 21, 2009 3:38pm
Oh my! I pray the vent does the trick and you can be extubated and back to playing soon! Mom and Dad, I know how you feel! She'll be back to her McKenzie self before you know it! Prayers and best wishes continue!
Hugs, Sundie & Sydnie

Posted Apr 21, 2009 2:55pm
We are thinking of you all. You need your rest also. Thank you so much for keeping us informed.
Early Intervention Staff

Posted Apr 21, 2009 2:47pm
I will be keeping you all in my prayers! I hope this is just a minor set back.

Posted Apr 21, 2009 2:14pm
Oh No...not the best news...We are praying...and your right, get some rest (if it is possible) and prayers she comes off faster this time. and more prayers that there is no lung damage...hugs, Kim and Will cp: HeWill

Posted Apr 21, 2009 1:28pm
I can hear and feel your frustration and sadness in your post. I feel it too, I'm keeping you all in my prayers, Izzy seems to have her own timetable for this process. Big heart hugs!
Laura and Lily
cp: lilygrace2

Posted Apr 21, 2009 12:08pm
Know our family is sending love, well-wishes and prayers your way ongoingly. God bless all of you!

Set1_rose
Posted Apr 21, 2009 11:50am
Izzy seems to have her own pace and pattern for recovery. She remains in our thoughts and our hearts along with Phin and both of you as well.Hopefully the bumps will get fewer and smaller.
Love, June,David and Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment