McKenzie has a sinus infection. Once again, that type of illness
would not be newsworthy for any regular person, but McKenzie is not
taking it well. She is sleeping a lot more and not eating well.
Lucky for her though, she is spending the day with PaPa (my dad).
He took her see our favorite family doctor, Stacy Richards, and she
is getting Izzy medicated, so hopefully, she will return to normal
soon.
I will say one weird thing about my little blue baby. She was running a fever, so her chest and head were warm to the touch, but (now here is the weird part) her hands and feet were freezing!
I will be very happy when Izzy has her full fix surgery so that maybe when she gets a cold she will still eat. It is so much work for her to eat because of her heart that when she gets sick, she just doesn't have the energy for it. Then she gets dehydrated and feels worse, so she eats less. It is a vicious cycle. I think this time we nipped it in the bud and she shouldn't get down that far though. Cross your fingers!
Mel
PS
I posted some new photos earlier this week where Izzy is sitting without the help of anybody. She is getting there. Her therapists are very happy with how quickly she is progressing. She is catching up to where she is supposed to be.
I will say one weird thing about my little blue baby. She was running a fever, so her chest and head were warm to the touch, but (now here is the weird part) her hands and feet were freezing!
I will be very happy when Izzy has her full fix surgery so that maybe when she gets a cold she will still eat. It is so much work for her to eat because of her heart that when she gets sick, she just doesn't have the energy for it. Then she gets dehydrated and feels worse, so she eats less. It is a vicious cycle. I think this time we nipped it in the bud and she shouldn't get down that far though. Cross your fingers!
Mel
PS
I posted some new photos earlier this week where Izzy is sitting without the help of anybody. She is getting there. Her therapists are very happy with how quickly she is progressing. She is catching up to where she is supposed to be.
![]() |
| Sitting without help from Mommy or Daddy. November 8, 2008. |
![]() |
| Isn't she gorgeous! October 19, 2008. |
![]() |
| Look at those boys! October 19, 2008. |
![]() |
| My beautiful baby girl. October 19, 2008. |
3 Message(s)
Posted Nov 12, 2008 12:35pm
Woohoo!! Good job, McKenzie!
Posted Apr 27, 2009 6:59pm
What a great picture!
Posted Dec 8, 2008 11:45pm
This is another great photo! You can "feel the fun". It makes me
smile. Phin is a handsome little guy and very well behaved too! I
was very impressed with his little self at Cookies with Santa!
Posted Dec 8, 2008 11:42pm
What a precious daughter you have! She could be a GAP baby!!
Posted Dec 8, 2008 8:52pm
What a great picture. We hope Izzy gets over her cold soon, so
she can enjoy her first Christmas!!!!
Posted Dec 8, 2008 11:07am
beautiful pictures. very nicely done!
Posted Dec 8, 2008 10:32am
Wow! What a BEAUTIFUL picture!
Posted Dec 6, 2008 11:58am
What a beautiful photo!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment