Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Buh-Bye ICU

McKenzie has left the ICU. I am taking this as a very positive step. She slept for the vast majority of today and she slept relatively comfortably. She hasn't done that since Saturday night. She is still on oxygen (nasal canula) and she will be for a little while longer. Luckily, she never had to be intubated. We must have gotten her to the hospital right in the nick of time. It is amazing how quickly little ones get sick.

Dale is spending the night with her and I have Phinney. He is doing well considering he is sick too and it has been three weeks now where he has had only one parent at a time (I was gone for work, then Dale was gone for work, then hospital shifts). Phin's routine is not normal and that makes him sad. Routines are very important for two year olds. He is spending a lot more time with Papa McKenzie and Grandma and Papa Stothers, so that is good and he has fun with them. Ma McKenzie has Izzy's illness so she is banished for this week, but she got two weeks of him all to herself, so we'll consider it even.
Mel

10 Message(s)


Posted Nov 20, 2008 6:37pm
Thats great news!

Posted Nov 20, 2008 5:04pm
glad to hear my bff is getting better! love, lucia

Posted Nov 20, 2008 12:26pm
Hello there fellow Michigaineers! I'm glad to hear McKenzie is out of ICU... are you in 4SW? We will be in ICU this Monday... well, the waiting room for most of the day I imagine. Stop by if you have a chance! I pray that all continues to go well and that you all are able to get home soon... and little Phin is feeling better soon. I know it's rough on the siblings. We'll be praying for you all! Stay strong McKenzie!
Hugs, Sundie & Sydnie
cp: wherethereislifethereishope

Posted Nov 20, 2008 9:48am
Glad to hear Izzy is out of ICU. I hope Phin feels better soon also. Love you all
Nicole

Posted Nov 20, 2008 7:39am
Hi Mel,
I am glad that Izzy is working her way through her illness.
I was looking at my bookshelf this morning and wondering if you had considered teaching her sign language. This may help you because babies have been known to sign before speaking and if for some reason she can't speak she could sign.
I have a book on baby sign that I can mail to you. Just send me your address and it's yours.
Hopefully, she's home for Thanksgiving.

Set1_rose
Posted Nov 19, 2008 10:45pm
Just keep gettin better Izzy. That is your job for the forseeable future.
Love, June,David and Kristen

Encourage_hug
Posted Nov 19, 2008 10:00pm
Glad to hear Mckenzie is taking steps into getting better! :D
~Lauren (21yr. old w/Tricuspid Atresia)
cp: hopelovefaith

Posted Nov 19, 2008 9:50pm
Fantastic news! Take it for exactly what it is- the doctors think Izzy is well enough to no longer need "intensive" care. That's great!!!! She really needed some rest to heal up. Go Izzy!!!!

Posted Nov 19, 2008 9:29pm
We're so happy to hear the good news, Mel :o)
Our prayers continue and our hopes for each day to get better and better. Someday the hospital visits will just be a memory. That's the day that we're all praying for, for all of you.
Love you all,
Aunt Char & Uncle John and the girls xoxoxoxo

Posted Nov 19, 2008 9:10pm
Thank Goodness!!!!
I keep praying for you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment