Izzy was released this afternoon. She had a virus that caused
all of her symtoms, including the high fever. At the time of her
cyanotic eposiode, her fever was over 104. The fever did break
around 9:00 last night while we sat in the ER waiting to go to the
ICU. We were told around 11:30 that she was not going to the ICU.
It took another 2 and 1/2 hours to get a room on the peds floor.
So, at 2:30 a.m., I was going through McKenzie's history for the
6th time yesterday and she was being examined again. By this point,
with no fever, she was Izzy again, happy and smiles. She slept hard
after that. After morning rounds, it became apparent they had no
idea of the origin of McKenzie's cyanotic episode. It never became
clear. It did not reoccur and other than a stuff nose and eating
nothing, she was fine. So, they did an echo and everything was
clear. The cardiologist declared the cyanotic episode was not
cardiac related. Without any more information, she was
released.
My gut mom feeling says her little body had too much dealing with the fever, crying, and everything, so she turned blue. I'm not too concerned, but I certainly don't want it to happen again. I was hysterical last night trying to get her to the hospital quickly. With Dale out of town for work this week, I'm sure he was crazy with conern when I called him on the way crying. Poor little Phinny, he helped Mama so much too. He was trying to calm me down. It worked.
Thank you to everyone for your well-wishes and thoughts during this time. It means so much to us. A special thanks goes out to my dad for taking care of McKenzie earlier this week and for chasing me to the hospital last night and watching Phin, then helping me at the hospital today. And then to my mom for sitting in the ER with us last night and bringing me stuff I forgot I home. Then to my in-laws and Aunt Liz who were ready to watch Phin and Izzy respectively. We didn't use your services, but knowing you were available helped a lot.
Mel
My gut mom feeling says her little body had too much dealing with the fever, crying, and everything, so she turned blue. I'm not too concerned, but I certainly don't want it to happen again. I was hysterical last night trying to get her to the hospital quickly. With Dale out of town for work this week, I'm sure he was crazy with conern when I called him on the way crying. Poor little Phinny, he helped Mama so much too. He was trying to calm me down. It worked.
Thank you to everyone for your well-wishes and thoughts during this time. It means so much to us. A special thanks goes out to my dad for taking care of McKenzie earlier this week and for chasing me to the hospital last night and watching Phin, then helping me at the hospital today. And then to my mom for sitting in the ER with us last night and bringing me stuff I forgot I home. Then to my in-laws and Aunt Liz who were ready to watch Phin and Izzy respectively. We didn't use your services, but knowing you were available helped a lot.
Mel
No comments:
Post a Comment