Pages

Monday, November 17, 2008

Admitted Again

We were right. The doctor sent us back to the hospital. Before we went, Dale and I stopped by home so he could get some things to spend the night and I could write up a list for him to use when giving her history (since I had to get to work). McKenzie didn't like that and forced us to move more quickly. After a couple of minutes of being home, McKenzie started to make a soft, sqeaky noise. Dale and I ran to her and realized she was having severe difficulty breathing. We ran out of the house without the stuff we were grabbing and raced to the ER again. We even left the dog outside.

McKenzie sats were low and her lips blueish. They immediately put her on oxygen and gave her a breathing treatment. Everyone kept saying she sounded like she has RSV, but the third swab for RSV came back negative as had all of the others. We don't know what she has because the docs don't think it is the adenovirus that she had last week causing this. Right now they are seeing if she might have asthma.

She will be in the hospital for a couple of days at least. I will keep everyone posted.
Mel

PS
After Izzy was settled, I went back home to get the stuff we packed and to let the dog in. Don't worry, Kismet wasn't left out in 33 degree weather with snow all day.

5 Message(s)


Posted Nov 17, 2008 9:48pm
we've been thinking about you guys. sending warm wishes your way. hope to see you all when we come to MI in jan. annie, rojelio & lucia

Posted Nov 17, 2008 5:34pm
Our prayers are with you...God Bless, keep the faith...
Much Love, Aunt Char and the gang xoxoxo

Food_redapple
Posted Nov 17, 2008 4:54pm
Wow! What a crazy couple of days for you guys. Hope they figure out what this is and nip it in the bud quickly so you guys can return to business as usual. Cassidy sends kisses to Izzy so she can get well soon.

Set1_rose
Posted Nov 17, 2008 4:53pm
Hang in there Izzy. We all love you!
Love, June,David and Kristen

Posted Nov 17, 2008 3:46pm
My goodness you guys have been busy over the last week! Hopefully they'll be able to figure out what's going on with Izzy so that she can get better quickly. I hope she doesn't have to stay in the hospital long, but I do want her to be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment