Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Did I Say That?

Some much for nipping it in the bud. McKenzie and I spent the day in the ER. Her fever went to over 102 yesterday and today. We was crazy hot in the middle and freezing in the periphery. The docs were concerned because this three days worth of fever and it was just getting higher. Originally, I was told McKenzie would probably be admitted for at least 2 days. I did not want that to happen. Other than the fever, acting a little punky, and not eating all that much, she was "fine". She certainly didn't look sick enough to be admitted for two more days. Anyway, they said it was dependent upon hearing from her immunologist. I wasn't certain what she would say, so I suggested they contact the cardiologist. I knew if they called her, McKenzie wouldn't be admitted. I was right! Both the cardiologist and the immunologist said that McKenzie need not be admitted unless any other kid would be admitted. The ER docs said with McKenzie's indications, they normally give a bolus of IV antibotics and send them home and for a check-up with the primary care physician the next day. So, lucky for us, that is what they did.

McKenzie is in her swing now, crying actually. No, I'm not ignoring a crying baby. She is crying because she is way, way overly tired.

She did not nap once when we were at the hospital. Anyway, hopefully, her fever will break soon. I don't want to think about what will happen if she still has it tomorrow.
Mel

3 Message(s)


Posted Nov 13, 2008 7:58pm
she's such a little cutie. we wish only the best for her. hopefully, the fever will be break and she'll be on the road to recovery. wishing you all the best!!

Set1_rose
Posted Nov 13, 2008 6:30pm
What a trooper!! Mom too! Things can change with little ones so quickly.Izzy is very lucky to have the family she was born into. What nice pipctures in the photo gallery.
Love, June, David and Kristen

Posted Nov 13, 2008 6:16pm
I pray Mckenzie feels better soon! She is one tough cookie!
**BIG Heart Hugs to you and Mckenzie**
Take Care and God Bless,
Lauren (21yr. old w/Tricuspid Atresia)
cp: hopelovefaith

No comments:

Post a Comment