One of my biggest fears for McKenzie is now a reality. She has
RSV. The sickest Phin has ever been was with RSV. He was almost
hospitalized. Now, Izzy, immune compromised, heart problems, and
lung issues has RSV. This is very dangerous for her. As any heart
mom will attest, RSV is something your kids are NOT supposed to
get. McKenzie had been getting the monthly Synagist shots to
prevent RSV, but the RSV season is over and the shots are not given
right now, so she hasn't had one since just prior to her
surgery.
She is in the ER now at Royal Oak Beaumont with my mom, waiting to be admitted. Dale and I are beside ourselves. Please keep Izzy in your thoughts as she once again fights a horrible illness that attacks the lungs.
Melonie
She is in the ER now at Royal Oak Beaumont with my mom, waiting to be admitted. Dale and I are beside ourselves. Please keep Izzy in your thoughts as she once again fights a horrible illness that attacks the lungs.
Melonie
26 Message(s)
Posted Jul 1, 2009 8:40am
by Laura Davenport
Oh hon I can't imagine your pain and frustration, I can feel it
in your writing. It's like one thing after the other for you. I
will say extra prayers for you as you prepare for this battle. Hang
in there!
Laura and Lily
cp: lilygrace2
Laura and Lily
cp: lilygrace2
Posted Jul 1, 2009 8:26am
by Dorie Neuhaus
Geez, you'd think the docs would realize that there isn't a
"season" for illness - just look at the swine flu thing still going
on outside of flu season. We'll be saying lots of prayers for Izzy.
But I know she's a fighter and she'll make it through this ok.
Mommy and Daddy, on the other hand..... Well, we'll say lots of
prayers for you, too.
Dorie
cp: MatthewNeuhaus
Dorie
cp: MatthewNeuhaus
Posted Jun 30, 2009 10:24pm
by Terri Maxim
Oh Dear!!! Sending prayers your way for the RSV to clear up
quickly. She sounds like a fighter , take care of yourself.
Terri
Terri
Posted Jun 30, 2009 9:21pm
by Holly Smith
Melonie,
I'm so, so sorry you guys are going through this! My fingers are crossed that this is a *quick* hospitalization and that Izzy's home soon. I swear, you are going to have some incredible stories to tell her by the time she's a teenager (and lots of grey hairs to blame her for...)!!!
Holly
cp: EliesPage
I'm so, so sorry you guys are going through this! My fingers are crossed that this is a *quick* hospitalization and that Izzy's home soon. I swear, you are going to have some incredible stories to tell her by the time she's a teenager (and lots of grey hairs to blame her for...)!!!
Holly
cp: EliesPage
Posted Jun 30, 2009 9:01pm
by JOY K
I am so sorry to hear this- she has fought through everything
else, her will is strong- that is important! I will pray for her,
heart hugs, Joy and Jilliann- in hosp. too!
Posted Jun 30, 2009 8:17pm
by Char Mazeppa
Sending prayers and love...
Aunt Char & Uncle John xoxoxo
Aunt Char & Uncle John xoxoxo
Posted Jun 30, 2009 7:11pm
by Michelle Caez
Oh my goodness!!!! Sending prayers!
Hugs
Michelle
CP; caezclan
Hugs
Michelle
CP; caezclan
Posted Jun 30, 2009 6:31pm
by Debbie McCall
Melonie,
Praying for Ms. McKenzie....RSV is yucky and dangerous but we will pray that she will make a quick and full recovery....
Debbie
cp: Zayne1
Praying for Ms. McKenzie....RSV is yucky and dangerous but we will pray that she will make a quick and full recovery....
Debbie
cp: Zayne1
Posted Jun 30, 2009 5:06pm
by Amy Scott
Thinking of you!!!! Amy
Posted Jun 30, 2009 4:23pm
by Nicole Nauer
I will keep all of you and especially Izzy in my thoughts and
prayers.
Nicole
Nicole
Posted Jun 30, 2009 3:51pm
by Liz Munroe
We definitely will keep Izzy and all of you in our thoughts and
prayers. All our love, Aunt Liz and Uncle Ken
Posted Jun 30, 2009 3:34pm
by June Spriggs
Enough already!! Izzy and all of you deserve a break from all of
this. Party planning one day and ER the next. What a roller
coaster. You must be tired of hearing how stron Izzy is but she is.
That knowledge and the support and love that surrounds you we hope
will help a little while you wait to see how things are
going.
Love, love,love! June, David and Kristen
Love, love,love! June, David and Kristen
Posted Jun 30, 2009 3:18pm
by Andrea Welch
Oh no!!! I keep telling our Doc I think they should have the
shots all year round especially if the spring and summer are
unseasonably colder. You all will be in our thoughts and prayers
and extra prayers for Izzy.
Hang in there...
Andrea
Hang in there...
Andrea
Posted Jun 30, 2009 2:33pm
by Nora Schultz
Oh no......Izzy sounds like such a tough little girl, though.
Praying that she will stay strong and fight this off as well! Stay
positive! :o)
cp: AlysaBeth
cp: AlysaBeth
Posted Jun 30, 2009 1:52pm
by Mary Stefanides
I will keep little Izzy, and all of you, in my prayers, as I
always do.
Love, Aunt Mary
Love, Aunt Mary
Posted Jun 30, 2009 1:43pm
by Lauren (Celeskey) Bednarz
Praying for Sweet Izzy and the rest of the family. I know how
scary this must be, I got RSV shortly after my first open heart
surgery when I was 6 months. May God comfort and guide you during
this time. Thinking positive. Many **Heart Hugs** sent your
way!!!
With LOTS of Hope, Love, and Faith,
Lauren (21yr. old w/Tricuspid Atresia aka HRHS)
cp: hopelovefaith
With LOTS of Hope, Love, and Faith,
Lauren (21yr. old w/Tricuspid Atresia aka HRHS)
cp: hopelovefaith
Posted Jun 30, 2009 1:01pm
by Kerri Testement
Posted Jun 30, 2009 12:44pm
by melissa langston
Sending Izzy Prayers! I hope she recovers quickly. I had no idea
that you could get RSV this time of the year. It just goes to show
these babies need the synagist shots though out the year.
I am truly sorry you are going through this!
Melissa and Matthew
cp: matthewjoshua
I am truly sorry you are going through this!
Melissa and Matthew
cp: matthewjoshua
Posted Jun 30, 2009 12:34pm
by Shana Witte
Bless your hearts! Hopefully McKenzie will recover quickly. I
know this was caught quickly and I'm sure doctors will treat the
RSV very aggressively. My thoughts and prayers are with McKenzie
and family.
Posted Jun 30, 2009 12:18pm
by Mary Tortomose
Again Mel and Dale my prayers and concern for your beautiful
daughter are out there for you. Please stay strong -- and help her
get through this new door that has been opened. Remember, when God
closes one door He opens another. I pray that the doctors and the
hospital staff will get Izzy feeling better and on the quick road
to a recovery. Izzy is really fighting hard to get well. Keep the
faith, please! Hugs and more hugs go out to your during this tough
time -- hang in there ~ Mary
Posted Jun 30, 2009 12:14pm
by Jody Ludwig
She is such a strong fighter. With the assistance of God on her
side I am sure she will over-come this battle. Keeping you all in
my prayers.
Posted Jun 30, 2009 12:12pm
by Melanie McLaughlin
Posted Jun 30, 2009 12:10pm
by Bonnie Hunter
Prayers for your precious girl, those who love her and those her
treat her.
Posted Jun 30, 2009 11:53am
by Tamara Recker
Prayers and positive thoughts for Izzy.
Posted Jun 30, 2009 11:52am
by Bonnie Russie
Melonie and Dale,
I am so sorry to hear about this. I would be beside myself too. We will keep you and your little one in our thoughts and prayers.
Robert and Bonnie Russie
I am so sorry to hear about this. I would be beside myself too. We will keep you and your little one in our thoughts and prayers.
Robert and Bonnie Russie
Posted Jun 30, 2009 11:50am
by Stephanie Husted
We are praying...
~Stephanie and Braeden
~Stephanie and Braeden
No comments:
Post a Comment