Sunday night, I thought when Dr. Cutler saw Izzy, she would have
her admitted. She still looked dehydrated despite increasing her
milk and food intake by quite a bit. Upon waking Monday morning,
however, Izzy looked great! She didn't drink more than 1.5 ounces
of formula for me, but I got another 4 ounces in her with cereal
and fruit. Then we hit the cardiology office. Izzy gained back all
of the weight she lost, plus an ounce. (Perhaps the earlier weight
was wrong, perhaps it was all water weight lost.) Her sats were 99
and her lungs sounded great! Well, most of her lungs sounded great.
She is still wheezing in one portion, so back on the Xopenex once a
day. But, she got rid of the Aldactone and is on lasix twice a day
three times a week and once a day the rest of the week! We are
moving down on the number of meds. YEAH!!
Overall, Dr. Cutler was very happy with how Izzy looked. Unfortunately, with all of the lung issues, Izzy still has to see Dr. Doshi (pulmonologist) next week and at the same time see Dr. Cutler for a quick peek. I think it is wonderful that Izzy's docs care so much about her. When I told Dr. Cutler what happened in the ER, she was unhappy. She indicated she would be speaking to someone about it. We were not the only complaint she had heard recently on this exact issue. I had planned to write the hospital myself and may still do so. When I told Dr. Cutler my plan was to go to Children's Hospital the next time Izzy was in distress like she was Friday, she told me to call her directly if there are any problems in the ER. I wish I would have thought of that Friday (and so did she). The ER did NOT call her. I wish I would have thought to use my cell phone to get the ER docs/nurses' attention on Friday when they were ignoring me and I couldn't leave Izzy's bedside. I guess my brain wasn't functioning that well Friday night, but now I'll remember.
Izzy went back to day care today. Dale said she did well. She ate well for the ladies, so that is positive. They must be magic because they got her to DRINK 5 ounces, then 3 ounces (when we can only get her to take 1/2 ounce). She did have separation anxiety when I left her. It broke my heart, but at least that means she is growing up. I know once they got her calmed down, she was fine and had fun. She loves to see other kids and play.
Thank you all for caring for Izzy and continuing to keep her in your thoughts. She appreciates it and so do we. The support all of you provide us is paramount. Thank you!
Mel
Overall, Dr. Cutler was very happy with how Izzy looked. Unfortunately, with all of the lung issues, Izzy still has to see Dr. Doshi (pulmonologist) next week and at the same time see Dr. Cutler for a quick peek. I think it is wonderful that Izzy's docs care so much about her. When I told Dr. Cutler what happened in the ER, she was unhappy. She indicated she would be speaking to someone about it. We were not the only complaint she had heard recently on this exact issue. I had planned to write the hospital myself and may still do so. When I told Dr. Cutler my plan was to go to Children's Hospital the next time Izzy was in distress like she was Friday, she told me to call her directly if there are any problems in the ER. I wish I would have thought of that Friday (and so did she). The ER did NOT call her. I wish I would have thought to use my cell phone to get the ER docs/nurses' attention on Friday when they were ignoring me and I couldn't leave Izzy's bedside. I guess my brain wasn't functioning that well Friday night, but now I'll remember.
Izzy went back to day care today. Dale said she did well. She ate well for the ladies, so that is positive. They must be magic because they got her to DRINK 5 ounces, then 3 ounces (when we can only get her to take 1/2 ounce). She did have separation anxiety when I left her. It broke my heart, but at least that means she is growing up. I know once they got her calmed down, she was fine and had fun. She loves to see other kids and play.
Thank you all for caring for Izzy and continuing to keep her in your thoughts. She appreciates it and so do we. The support all of you provide us is paramount. Thank you!
Mel
No comments:
Post a Comment