Izzy woke up at 4:45 a.m. crying. I couldn't get her to calm
down. She felt warm, but so did I since our house is crazy hot in
this horrible heat. She ate very well and played all morning, so I
didn't think about it again. At day care, she spiked a 102.4 temp.
PCP requested to see her immediately. I left work and within 1.5
hours, we were at the docs. Two hours later we left. Izzy has
another respiratory infection. Her sats are running low 90s, high
enough not to be hospitalized, but too low for comfort. Her chest
x-rays were very good, the best they've been in a very, very long
time, but she is wheezing. She is exhausted, ashen, and listless,
but she was started on antibiotics again and she was happy for the
most part at the docs. Hopefully, this time, it will be all over
quickly without any further trips to the docs/hospital.
Here is a cell pic taken at the docs that shows she was happy
despite her predicament and believe me there were moments she let
us know it was a predicament.
Here is another pic of her finding her belly button. She
discovered it today for the first time waiting for the ordeal to
begin.
I don't know if I belive in karma or bad luck, but this feels
like a sign that I shouldn't have posted how well she was doing two
days ago. Nor should I have planned to plan Izzy's "Yeah, Izzy's
Broken Heart is Fixed Party" this weekend. We've been waiting to
really celebrate Izzy's first birthday when she was healthy so that
we can have other people attend. I think I'll still plan it. Who
knows if she'll be healthy on the "day", even if we plan it when
she is healthy. At least, if we have the party this summer, we
should be safe from cardiac procedures.
I hope everyone has a good weekend. Hug your babies tight and
hug them long!
Mel
16 Message(s)
Posted Jun 29, 2009 9:09pm
by Trisha King
Love the belly button!!
The thought of vacations of yesteryears was on my mind recently
too. Just keep in mind that it's never where you're at but who
you're with .... As I am living in the hospital now I am finding
friendships that will be of the deepest lifelong relationships I'll
ever know. And I'm not doing dishes! lol
Our day will come again to sit on the beach instead of a bench in
the hospital. Untill then soak up something better than the sun's
rays... soak up your Izzy. (And I know that you do!)
Prayers Always,
Trisha
cp:
JohnnysWay
Posted Jun 28, 2009 8:59pm
by Stephanie Husted
Private message
Hoping that Izzie is feeling better...poor girl! I am putting
together a video of our heart kiddo's and would love to include her
picture. Do you mind? If not, i can take one from your carepage.
Feel better!
~Stephanie and Braeden(HLHS)
cp:
babyhusted
Posted Jun 28, 2009 5:00pm
by Alicia Hall
Continuing to pray for Izzy!
HEART HUGS & PRAYERS ~
cp:
josephmichaelhall
Posted Jun 28, 2009 12:42pm
by Terri Gonzalez
May God bless you Izzy and FILL your body with health and
strength to see this through....once again. xo
Posted Jun 27, 2009 8:09pm
by Janeen Greathouse
she's lookin' great!! so cute!!! can't wait to see her again
Posted Jun 27, 2009 7:18pm
by Nancy Beck
We just wanted you to know that Izzy is still in our daily
prayers. Hope your party goes off without a hitch. Hug and kiss
Izzy for us and we hope she feels better very soon! Love, Bill
& Nancy Beck XXXOOO :)
Posted Jun 27, 2009 7:17pm
by Brittany Hubbard
First, I want to say..That is the cutest picture of her! Thank
you for the message. I've heard nothing but good things about Dr.
Walters and Dr. Delius. I haven't met them yet, but I am looking
forward to it. Waiting for the Tuesday phone call has been driving
me crazy. It's so hard to sit still when you know the decision they
make will determine the next step in our little journey. Thank you
so much for keeping in touch!!!
Brittany (and Bayden)
cp:
Bayden_Thomas
Posted Jun 27, 2009 11:58am
by Stefenie Jacks
We are praying for Izzy! Keep us posted!
Always in our many thoughts and prayers,
Stefenie, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan Jacks
cp:
Loganbear
Posted Jun 27, 2009 11:34am
by Robin Scott
What a little doll fascinated with her belly button -- just
darling!! I hope this "bug" goes away quickly and that Little Miss
will be back to herself in no time!!
Hugs,
Robin Scott
Posted Jun 27, 2009 2:11am
by Nora Schultz
Oh no. Sounds like how things go for most of us.......two steps
forward, and what seems to be 10 steps back, but hopefully soon,
she will be through all that mess! Praying for Izzy! Again, as our
heart buddies (Traci & Cassidy) always said........slow and
steady wins the race! Take it slow and take it easy! God Bless!
cp:
AlysaBeth
Posted Jun 26, 2009 11:10pm
by Kristy Taxson
Oh my goodness! I hope this all ends for Izzy a d for you guys!
You ate still in my thoughts and prayers. I was really missing you
all this week, but it sounds like it was a good thing you stayed
home for her!
There's always next year!
Stay strong and give hugs and kisses to both your adorable kids for
us!
Posted Jun 26, 2009 10:52pm
by melissa langston
How cute is that picture. I always forget about the cell camera.
I hope she gets to feeling better fast so she can celebrate! You
all deserve that.
Melissa and Matthew
cp:
matthewjoshua
Posted Jun 26, 2009 9:34pm
by Rebecca Paskaramoorthy
Wow it is amazing how much she is growing up!! Time flies...she
has so many teeth:-) The belly button discovery is the best! Serena
enjoyed showing hers off once she discovered it. I hope you and
your family get to enjoy some relaxation time soon.
Take Care,
Becky Pas
Posted Jun 26, 2009 8:34pm
by Sundie Guttovz
Love the belly button exploration! So cute! I hope this
respiratory infection is short lived so that you all can enjoy
Izzy's party! Certianly is a great thing to celebrate! Party on
sista! Prayers continue for Izzy and family!
Hugs, Sundie & Sydnie
Posted Jun 26, 2009 8:23pm
by Terri Maxim
praying that this will go away quickly and that you get to
celebrate as planned.
Terri
Posted Jun 26, 2009 8:15pm
by Holly Smith
Oh, no! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is a quick,
easy-to-knock-out bug. Izzy looks great in these pictures, by the
way! She's pink and pudgy, and her scar looks amazing!
Holly
cp:
EliesPage
No comments:
Post a Comment