Pages

Saturday, June 6, 2009

First Week

We made it through the first week back to "normal". Izzy returned to day care and I went back to work. I'd like to say it went exceedingly well and it did for the most part, but the major problem area was the strike of another illness. Wednesday Phin got a cold and Thursday Izzy got it. She also has a sinus infection (and it appears Phin is getting one now too). Luckily, it hasn't reached her lungs yet. She is still eating better now than she was a week ago and we made sure a less harsh antibiotic was prescribed, so hopefully, no more ER visits. (Yes, I will be writing to the hospital about our incident. It is not like me to let things like that go when it involves my children and children of other people yet to visit the facility.) The wonderful thing is that Phin really got his Izzy back, which he loves:

june 092a

Being at work was a mixed bag. I realized I wasn't my normal self there. I guess I'm not my "normal" self anywhere yet, but having been gone for so long, I was actually able to see it. Everyone asked how Izzy was doing and all I could say was okay. I didn't know who knew what we had gone through and who didn't since I know these pages get forwarded. I didn't really know how to answer the question. Izzy is clearly better than she was pre-surgey heartwise, but she is not where I expected. The lung issue really scares me and that is aggrevated by things like colds and flus. Until we have at least a week where she can grow and is not fighting illnesses and actually healing, I'm not going to feel better or secure with Izzy. I may never feel secure with her, but I'm working toward it.
On the developement front, Izzy is exploding. She crawls everywhere. She loves to play. She had a lot of fun at the park.

june 058b 

june 061

She still only says mama and dada and without real meaning, but she understands so much. She knows when we tell to get one toy versus another. She sat asmidst a ton of toys and I asked her to get the balls for her ball popper and she crawled to get them so we could play. She loves to put braclets on her arms (rings to stack). She loves, loves, loves the phone and pretending to talk to people. When we tell her to say hello or hi though, she drops the phone to wave. She loves to wave. Many strangers get shocked when she waves because they think she is much younger than she is since she is so small.

june 097b

Izzy still loves to dance. When she sees a music maker, she goes for it, turns it on and dances.

june 012b

Lastly, she really wants to stand, but doesn't have the strength or balance to get there yet. Hopefully, she will finally get well enough to go back to Early On next week and we can learn some tricks.
Finally, I'll end with two photos I love from all of us playing bubbles. I hope everyone has a great weekend!


june 078b

june 075b

Mel

10 Message(s)


Posted Jun 8, 2009 11:07am
God bless you all...always!!!! Attempting to return to your normal routine is probably the best thing for everyone....Hang in there!!!

Posted Jun 7, 2009 3:27pm
LOVE the pics and it is good to hear how well Izzy is doing. Sorry she caught a bug but hopefully it will not cause her too many problems!
Keep enjoying those sunny days!
Always in our many thoughts and prayers,
Stefenie, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan Jacks
cp: Loganbear

Posted Jun 7, 2009 12:42am
Mel,
They're just beautiful...you are amazing, McKenzie is doing well, she will continue to grow and develop and get stronger, just keep doing what you've been doing and keep your faith...
You're doing everything right...keep your chin up and there will be an end to this, it's just around the bend in the road....keep heading toward it and you'll all get there together :o)
Lots of love,
Aunt Char xoxoxoxo

Posted Jun 6, 2009 8:41pm
She is just the cutest thing ever!! We have all been fighting off the colds as well and Matthew came down with some sinus issues. Yuck! I hope they get better soon.
Take care and as always...send prayers your way!
melissa and Matthew
cp: matthewjoshua

Posted Jun 6, 2009 7:57pm
Was great to see you back at the office, Mel. Even better to hear that Izzy did so well despite the pesty cold and sinus stuffs!
Think of you often and you're in our prayers.
Cindy (for me and John)

Posted Jun 6, 2009 6:07pm
I love early on. We do Early Headstart and they recently merged playgroups with Early On. It's so much more fun and Marsha from Early On has given me loads of information for my kids.

Posted Jun 6, 2009 5:43pm
The pictures are Sssoo Cute! It was great to see you today... as always, the prayers & thoughts are ever there!
Jen (Holloway) Pranke

Posted Jun 6, 2009 12:05pm
she so darn cute love you izzy feel better

Posted Jun 6, 2009 11:56am
I'm sure her set back are very frusterating. But, she really is making progress. Maybe where you are right now, is your new normal. You really do a good balancing act with work and home! It's great to see all the pics. Thanks for sharing. Love and Hugs.

Posted Jun 6, 2009 11:35am
your kids are just adorable--enjoy them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment