McKenzie had a very rough night. She coughed a lot, but her sats
stayed fairly stable. Then came early morning. At that time, her
sats started going haywire. I got here about an hour ago and in
that time she has slept, been awake and moaning, ate 1/2 an ounce
(the most all day), and slept again. In that time, her sats have
been all over the board, from 88 to 100. That sounds pretty good,
but she is on 4.5 liters of oxygen. That is A LOT for her. They did
take a blood gas and it looked good, except low oxygen, so that is
positive. Her blood pressures are consistently low and that is
concerning to me (it could indicate sepsis per my dad and Izzy's
nurse). I asked the resident on the floor and first she said it
wasn't a big deal, then she checked her pocket electronic device,
said "huh" and walked out of the room. That is never a good sign to
me. Luckily, they want to watch her much more closely, so she is
being moved to the ICU once her room is cleaned and the nurse can
give report. We should get quicker answers there.
I'd like to say things are looking up, but right now, its not so
good. Every time Izzy wakes up, she is moaning. Even sleeping, she
is retracting. Her sats are high at that point in time, but she is
working way too hard to breathe. Hopefully, this bug will work its
way through quickly, but right now she is not good. We are settling
in for the long haul here.
Keep McKenzie in your thoughts, send her positive vibes. I'm
sorry to keep asking for this, but apparently, we aren't going to
get past this stage quickly.
Mel
17 Message(s)
Posted Jul 6, 2009 11:43pm
by Katie Reyes
Hi, I'm a fellow "heart mommy" and ran across your page from
another heart mommy's page. Just wanted to let you know that Izzy
is in our prayers! I hope she is doing better since this
post!
Katie (Auriana's mom)
cp:
Aurianasheart
Posted Jul 3, 2009 11:06am
by melissa langston
Praying for sweet Izzy!
Melissa
cp:
matthewjoshua
Posted Jul 2, 2009 10:24am
by Janeen Greathouse
your darling is certainly in our prayers, you all are!! can't
imagine the stress for you! take care and we'll just keep everyone,
especially little Izzy in our prayers!!
Posted Jul 2, 2009 12:26am
by Andrea Thompson
thinking of McKenzie and wishing her a speedy recovery :o)
Posted Jul 2, 2009 12:02am
by Robin Scott
Many prayers are being offered for your precious Izzy's fast
recovery -- and for you guys -- never hesitate to tell us when
extras are needed. My heart hurts for you during this difficult
time.
Robin Scott
Posted Jul 1, 2009 8:03pm
by susan wit
as always you have my thoughts and prayers. susan wit
Posted Jul 1, 2009 7:07pm
by Stefenie Jacks
I am so sorry to hear that Izzy is having problems again! My
prayers are with you!
Always in our many thoughts and prayers,
Stefenie, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan Jacks
cp:
Loganbear
Posted Jul 1, 2009 5:38pm
by Kristy Taxson
Prayers are a given...and never apologize for asking for them
for your babies! :)
They need all the love and support along with you two!
Keep us updated and I will continue to pray for her!
Kristy
Posted Jul 1, 2009 5:29pm
by Tamara Recker
My positive thoughts and prayers are with Izzy and all of you at
this time.
Love and Hugs
Posted Jul 1, 2009 3:39pm
by Kim K
RSV!!! Yikes thought now is safe time for our babies...poor
sweet Izzy. I will be praying.
Posted Jul 1, 2009 2:36pm
by Nicole Hoagland
McKenzie and your family is in our prayers. And we hope and pray
the stay is much shorter than you think. Many Many well wishes your
way.
Heart Hugs - Nicole mom of Lorelei HLHS
cp:
loreleih
Posted Jul 1, 2009 1:59pm
by Taffy Graessle
Come on little Izzy girl!! Keep fighting! My prayers are with
all of you. Stay strong Mom and Dad and family. Lots of prayers are
coming your way!! Lots of Love too!
Posted Jul 1, 2009 1:42pm
by Melanie McLaughlin
We are thinking of you and praying for Izzy.
Melanie McLaughlin
Grace's Mom
Posted Jul 1, 2009 1:32pm
by Angela Holtz
Mel, I'm praying for her every day. How you go through this over
and over, I have no idea. And that post when you blamed yourself
for posting the good things broke my heart. You are doing a great
job and you should celebrate every good moment you get with her. I
hope they figure this one out quickly so she can have her
party.
Posted Jul 1, 2009 1:28pm
by Nora Schultz
Melonie, please don't feel that you need to apologize to ask for
prayers or positive thoughts! That's the least that we could all do
and the most effective!!!! Praying that this virus will disappear
soon! Praying for strength for you and your family! God Bless!
cp:
AlysaBeth
Posted Jul 1, 2009 1:17pm
by Brittany Hubbard
Melonie,
My thoughts and prayers are with your family during this hard time.
I'm freaking out about Bayden's surgery. I could NOT imagine going
through what you are going through right now. I think I would go
crazy. I believe Izzy will be okay. Things may not look good right
now, but we have a wonderful God. She is in His hands, and he will
take care of your beautiful little girl and make her healthy again
=)
Good luck with everything! Keep us updated on how she's
doing.
Brittany and Bayden
Posted Jul 1, 2009 1:15pm
by June Spriggs
Mel, Keep asking and never need to apologize. Izzy needs and
deserves all the love, good thoughts and support she can get.
Love, June,David and Kristen
No comments:
Post a Comment