Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Slow progress

But is there any other kind with regards to Izzy? She's eating a bit better, weaned to slightly less than the 3 liters she was on most of today and showing some of the spunk I love so much. She knows very well that the stroller is the means by which she can get out the hospital and gets very angry sometimes that we are not using this vehicle for the very purpose for which it was designed (namely a hospital escape pod).

All the while, she has used some of her leisure time to build a bit on her vocabulary. She said "bottle" fairly well, imatates the sound of monkeys and I would swear in court of law that she repeated the word "brother" S'true.

We knew this going to be rough going in. I don't think any member of our family really understood the concept of this "roughness" until reality stepped in to demonstrate with living examples, but I do know we will get through these "challenges".

I would like to thank everyone who has been following along with this ongoing saga. It is good to know there are so many people pulling for our little girl.

I want to thank my wife, Melonie. You are my strength when I feel I have nothing left to give.

Dale

8 Message(s)


Posted Jul 3, 2009 10:22am
Stay strong! Thinking and praying for you all daily.

Posted Jul 3, 2009 10:18am
all our best to you, I'll just be she did say "brother" as she loves him so much!!! hope she can come home soon in her stroller!!

Posted Jul 3, 2009 1:04am
It's wonderful to imagine the scene of Izzy throwing her toys from bed -- love that little darling's spunk!!! Prayers for continued improvement and comfort for all.
Robin Scott

Set1_rose
Posted Jul 2, 2009 9:32pm
Izzy is a lucky little girl to have a mommy and daddy so devoted to her care and wellness. For better or for worse is the real deal, but you already know that.Love,June,David and Kristen

Posted Jul 2, 2009 9:30pm
Hi Dale,
The song by Celine Dion comes to mind with what you wrote to Melonie, that was so sweet...you should sing it to her :o)~ All joking aside, our prayers continue for all of you...you haven't had as many good days as you should have, all together, but those days are ahead...keep your focus and your faith and your strong love and devotion...but you don't need to be told that, you are living examples of what love is. God bless and guide you through these 'tougher than hell' times...you WILL all make it through.
Love to you all...
Aunt Char

Star1
Posted Jul 2, 2009 8:37pm
I'm so glad to hear Izzy's doing better, even if it is more slowly than anyone would like. There's something so great about seeing our kids get their spunkiness back when they're in the hospital, isn't there? That's really when you *know* you've turned a corner!
Holly
cp: EliesPage
Encourage_hug
Posted Jul 2, 2009 8:22pm
I thought we were hiding the stroller behind the curtain??
You are my strength, so I guess it's good that we rarely both need strength at the same time. Love you!
She is also saying "buh bye" now.
Have a restful night and see you both in the morning.
Love,
Me
PS
Its 8:30 and Phin is still making a ton of noises and is asking for you and Izzy still, but he's excited to see the frogs at Ma's house tomorrow.

Posted Jul 2, 2009 8:08pm
sounds like you are headed in the right direction! Poor baby, that stroller is just taunting her, huh?
praying for steady progress
Hugs
Michelle
cp: caezclan

No comments:

Post a Comment