Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

This Should NOT be Construed as a Positive Post, Lest I Make Izzy Worse

I know, I'm not supposed to put good things up on here because then Izzy gets much worse, but I can't help it. Izzy is doing so well today. She is currently at 0.5 liters of oxygen and doing well. Plus, she has eaten extremely well for Izzy. As of lunchtime, she'd had 9 ounces of milk, plus two ounces of apple juice, and lots of baby food for breakfast and lunch, and cheerios to top it all off!!! This is excellent eating by her. My dad must have the magic touch. Since I've gone and done it anyway and jinxed my baby, I'll finish by saying, I'm hoping she'll be out of the hospital by the weekend.

Mel

PS
For those of you who were wondering, we have done oxygen at home in the past and a pulse-ox. We got rid of them because it didn't add much value at the time before Izzy's surgery. The attending doc who took care of Izzy last week suggested we may want to at least do the pulse-ox again, just as a check if we are ever wondering whether she needs to come to the hospital. (But Dale and I pretty much know when Izzy is in trouble, we can tell by looking at her.) Other than that, the oxygen and pulse-ox will be discussed with Dr. Doshi. I'm not sold that it would be helpful to us. Izzy only needs oxygen when she is sick. If she is sick, like she has been with the last two hospitalizations, then she shouldn't be at home anyway. If they want to get us oxygen and get her out of the hospital quicker, I'm all for that. I'm not sure the docs are willing to go there though. I guess we'll see.

8 Message(s)


Smiles7
Posted Jul 8, 2009 7:06pm
wow, way to go izzy!!! keep up the good work!!! and thanks for the words of encouragement melonie, i can always count on you for that!! i really do hope he puts on the weight before the surgery.. God bless you, your are doing great!!!


That makes sense on the oxygen. And you should fully celebrate every good moment you get. It's not a jinx, she's just needs so much extra help it feels like it. Enjoy the good times when you get them. You and Dale are doing a great job in a really tough situation.

Set1_rose
Posted Jul 8, 2009 4:48pm
yay Izzy! Here is hoping it all holds and you can be a family at home again. Maybe if you have the oxygen it will mean Izzy won't need it kind of like if you have an umbrella it won't rain? Hoping for continued improvement.
Love, June,David and Kristen

Posted Jul 8, 2009 3:52pm
we don't believe in jinxes!!! she'll be just fine and soon your family will all be home where you belong!!!

Posted Jul 8, 2009 2:17pm
Praying that she keeps up all the eating and staying on the better side!!

Posted Jul 8, 2009 2:12pm
Mel & Dale: Positive thinking all the way. Don't be afraid to get those positive vibes flowing for little Izzy. That little girl of yours knows she is missing out on summertime and wants to go home. Little Izzy keep on cruising and lifting yourself up in that crib --soon you will be lifted out of the crib and cruise on home! Oh happy days are ahead! Perhaps all this hospital rest is just to get her ready for the great time she will have once she goes home to see her big brother Phin. It never hurts to imagine what can be. It will happen. Keep up the faith Melonie and Dale. We are all cheering for you folks and hoping and praying that the days when Izzy is home playing in her own house are not that far off.
Your family is always in my prayers -- Mary

Posted Jul 8, 2009 1:38pm
I'm doing the dance with Dorie up here in Maine. Seriously, I think it is great how well Izzy is doing and I AM praying that you WILL go home this weekend.
Terri

Posted Jul 8, 2009 1:07pm
La la la la la la, we don't hear you! You DID NOT say anything positive that we heard. No jinx. No jinx. (You'd laugh about now because I'm doing a shimmey to ward off the jinx.) There, maybe the little dance will break the spell. ;) Give Izzy and hug and kiss for us. We're still praying.
Dorie
cp: MatthewNeuhaus

No comments:

Post a Comment