Pages

Monday, July 6, 2009

Not as Bad

Sorry for not updating. Dale has been with Izzy since Sunday afternoon and he doesn't have a computer. Izzy has managed to wean down on the O2 a little. Last night, as she slept, she only required 1.5 liters of oxygen. Upon waking, she needed more, just like every other day. For most of today, she only needed 3.5 liters of oxygen. That is still a ton for her, but better than over the weekend. When Phinney and I left there this evening, Dr. Doshi had not been heard from yet. However, he has been known to do rounds at 9:00 at night and we drove by his main office on the way to dinner (since it is down the street from our house) and he still had 3 cars in the parking lot. I'm guessing we will hear from him late tonight or tomorrow.

Phin has been able to see Izzy the last three days and it has done worlds of good for both kids. They hugged each other a lot today and played. You should have seen Izzy light up when Phin kissed her nose! It was the sweetest thing. Izzy did get a sad look as Phin and I left, but at least she had some special time with her brother today. Not enough time.

Since I am sick too and it was extremely difficult to concentrate at work today due to exhaustion from this hospital stay and my illness, Dale is letting me stay at home for a second night in a row. My bed for two nights in a row. Woohoo!!! Don't I have the greatest husband in the world?!? I know, everyone thinks their husband is the greatest, but I swear my husband really is the greatest. ;) So, hopefully, by tomorrow, I will be able to function more normally after two nights of good sleep. The only problem is that my Izzy time was limited to the 20 minutes Phin and I visited.

The plan is to continue to wean Izzy on the O2. She lost her IV today and its not even a big deal because she is eating great for Izzy, so there is no real concern regarding dehydration. She just has to be able to breathe on her own. I don't know how long with this take because normally she starts out at her worst around 2 liters, but she's still at 3.5 now. Everyday they say her lungs sound better. They did a repeat chest x-ray yesterday and it indicates nothing that different, so we wait.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

Mel

6 Message(s)


Posted Jul 7, 2009 7:09am

things sound like they are heading in the right direction. i hope that you feel better. take care of you and your family.....especially that wonderful husband. susan

Food_orange
Posted Jul 6, 2009 11:33pm
Glad Izzy and Phin are doing better. Also very happy that they have had a chance to be together. Get another good nights sleep and maybe you too will be on the mend. I will continue to keep you in my prayers. Love Aunt L"izzy"

Set1_rose
Posted Jul 6, 2009 9:44pm
Every small step is a good thing. It's good that you are getting some rest Mel, and yes Dale is a great guy!
Love, June,David and Kristen

Posted Jul 6, 2009 9:15pm
Poor Izzy, we are still praying!

Posted Jul 6, 2009 7:31pm
Good News! Hopefully she is going to continue to improve. We will keep the prayers going for all of you sickies!
Love, Aunt Mary

Posted Jul 6, 2009 7:27pm
praying hard for all of you to feel better.
Rest well tonight, you do have a great husband.
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment