It may shock you all to know that we are still in the hospital.
Yes, yes, I know, shocking considering Izzy was on 6 liters of
oxygen a couple of days ago. Okay, sarcasm aside. We are still
here, but Izzy is not needing as much help. She was weaned down to
approximately 1 liter of oxygen and maintaining sats above 90 and
Dr. Doshi stopped her steriod because she is no longer wheezing.
That should help her immune system fight the virus better and
quicker. She is still eating well (for Izzy), so the IV remains out
thankfully. She played hard today and had lots of fun with Papa. We
just need to get her breathing room air for 12 to 24 hours so she
can break free from this place. She wants to crawl everywhere, but
is confined to the crib and it is driving her crazy. But, the
confinement has helped her to get proficient at pulling to a stand
now. She even takes small steps. She may be cruising in no
time!
Mel
11 Message(s)
Posted Jul 8, 2009 10:42am
by Kim K
so glad you are seeing the light of the exit door!! whew, she
was one sick little girl! nasty rsv!
hugs, Kim and Will
Posted Jul 8, 2009 9:50am
by Kerri Testement
Yea! Awesome news. A kid that is trying to be TOO active is a
very good thing in the hospital (even if it's frustrating for mom
and dad to keep up with those tubes and wires). Keep up the good
work!
kerri testement
cp:
katietestement
Posted Jul 8, 2009 9:14am
by Kristy Taxson
WooHoo!!
Go Izzy Go!
She will be up and running in no time at all! :)
Keep up the good work Izzy!
Posted Jul 8, 2009 8:42am
by June Spriggs
The yin yang of Izzy's life goes on as does yours. It seems that
things are slowly improving. I vote for it to continue!
Love,June,David and Kristen
Posted Jul 8, 2009 7:46am
by Liz Munroe
Goog news!! Cruising, is a way to see her little world from a
different perspective. Keep up the good work Izzy and you'll be
home in no time. Hope you are feeling better too, Mel. Love Aunt
L"izzy"
Posted Jul 8, 2009 4:10am
by Maureen O
Hi, I'm just checking in, referred by another heart mom (I think
it was Zoey's mom).
I see McKenzie has DiGeorge. I started on CarePages to follow
Callie Stapp since she was 6 mos old, with her unifocalization
surgeries at Stanford by Dr. Frank Hanley. I'm sure you're
familiar, where he gets the MAPCA's stented, and the ones that
take, he has joined together. She's just recovering from what is
supposed to be her last lung-vessel surgery before her heart
repair. Don't know if you've followed Callie, but she has a WEALTH
of info on everything they have dealt with.
So I gotta catch up on what's going on here. I know eating was a
problem for Miss Callie, too. Sats over 90, wowie!!! I'll be back
:)
Aunty Mo
Posted Jul 8, 2009 12:11am
by Char Mazeppa
Hi Mel,
Thankful to hear some positive notes, prayers keep floating up to
heaven for all of you. I keep thinking that thank God, McKenzie
won't remember this, only you will. That's a miracle in itself :o)
She will continue to grow and soon this will all be a bad
memory..keep the faith honey...sending lots of love your
way...
Love, Aunt Char xoxoxo
Posted Jul 7, 2009 9:55pm
by Melonie Stothers
Cruising = holding on to the furniture to walk around.
Posted Jul 7, 2009 9:30pm
by Janeen Greathouse
good to hear even the little one can make the best of a bad
situation!! congrats to her on being able to stand up and take a
few steps!!!
Posted Jul 7, 2009 8:34pm
by Sheila B
Mel,
You might ask them if Izzy would benefit from having oxygen at
home. It really sounds like this might be something that could help
her a lot, and possibly keep her out of the hospital as much (of
course it will not stop her from getting viruses though). I know it
sounds like a horrible thing but it really is not. There is tubing
that can go all over your home and will not make her be in one
place. Please feel free to contact me if you have any
questions.
As I said before I am a Respiratory Therapist and worked with kids
for years.
Also if they did not get you one before ask if you guys can get
pulse oximeter for home use. Insurance will pay for this especially
since her oxygen levels can drop so fast.
Love,
Sheila
Posted Jul 7, 2009 8:33pm
by Terri Maxim
praying for her to breathe that room air for as long as
necessary to get back home. Cruising??????sounds like fun to
me.
Blessings,
Terri
No comments:
Post a Comment