Pages

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Thank You

I wanted to thank everyone for the kind thoughts of reassurance this past week. It is hard to believe that after so much time, I still have some denial regarding Izzy's condition. I guess having a month off the roller coaster lulled me into thinking we were done with the ride. Heart Moms, do you ever get to that point where the sound of surgery doesn't make your insides rack with fear for the what ifs? I know McKenzie needs to have the surgey and if we wait too long she won't be as good as she is now and she can't sustain herself without proper circulation. I was told that McKenzie's first surgery should be her hardest recovery because she was so young and the shunt so big, but every time I think of surgery, I remember the weeks on the vent, the feeding tube, the daily blood transfusions, 9 med pumps hooked up to her and those were only the ones under the bed and not hanging on the polls. But, as of this morning, I've decided instead to think of Izzy's smiling face when I think of surgery and how much happier she will be when she doesn't have to work so hard just to oxygenate her blood.

McKenzie is still doing great and so is Phinney. They are both watching "Horton Hears a Who" for the millionth time since our snow day before Christmas. Well, I don't know if you could call it watching. Phin asked to have it on and tried to convince us that everyone wanted to watch it. As soon as it went on, Izzy started dozing off without really falling asleep and Phin started running around the house with potato head pieces and asking for hugs. But, I don't dare turn off the movie. Have a good weekend and thank you all again for your support of us.
Mel

6 Message(s)


Posted Jan 22, 2009 10:52pm
I think the "what if's" will always be there, as well as the fears. It is just natural for us to have these thoughts. With that said, we know that the surgeries are necessary and that our children will only have a better quality of life with them. As some one of the other posts said, it's getting closer to the finish line. Stay strong! And we will keep praying for you. ~Jodi
cp: Cameronjprice

Box_pink
Posted Jan 22, 2009 6:34pm
The sound of surgery always makes my insides rack with fear- BUT it helps a little that we know what to expect when we're there.
Positive thoughts of Izzy's smiling face is a brilliant alternative to getting yourself all worked up over something you (unfortunately) have no control over.
Getting closer to the "finish" line every day!

Posted Jan 19, 2009 1:45pm
Just wanted to let you know that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. I am the mom of a 14 year old heart "baby" and some days it seems like a million years ago that we were going through what you are now. But then, some days it seems like only moments ago that we were told she wouldn't live to see her first birthday. God Bless you in the times ahead. And may HE comfort and keep you all!!
Dedie and Hannah White
cp: HannahWhite

Posted Jan 17, 2009 9:26pm
I know it's scary... and your so right about how words such as surgery can make your own insides flip! I completely agree with you, a sweet smiling face sure is enough to push those aweful feelings away! We'll be thinking of you all as you approach your surgery date! Hugs and God bless, Sundie & Sydnie

Set1_rose
Posted Jan 17, 2009 1:03pm
So glad to hear Mel that you have found a way to be with McKenziie's upcomng cath and surgery.
When we can't change" what is", taking control of our perspective and choosing a positive aspect to concentrate on is very proactive and helps lower stress. McKenzie has meet every challange that has come her way. That little person is a force in the world and is not going to stop now!! Take good care and give our love to Dale, Phin and McKenzie ( and you of course). Stay Warm.
Love, June,David and Kristen

Posted Jan 17, 2009 11:15am
you have all our best thoughts and prayers, we're sure Izzy will be so much better after the surgery. just know that she's in good hands and she'll be better than fine very soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment