Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

No Better

Well, McKenzie went to physical and occupational therapy this morning. They didn't work her hard at all because she was obviously not doing well. The dark circles are worse, she looks thinner. She is even refusing to eat cereal and she is breathing hard. And they noticed she wasn't as strong, not working as hard, and not as vocal. Even though we were still at therapy, they let me go to another room to call the docs. Unfortunately, I am still waiting to hear back from the cardiologist. I talked with her on Friday evening and she was satisfied that Izzy need not come in yet, but wanted to see her if she got worse. Well, she is worse, but good luck getting that across to the phone staff. If I haven't heard from her by 1:00, I'm calling back. I know that is in the middle of her lunch break/emergency appointment time (Tuesdays are especially busy for her). I did talk with the primary care doc, who insisted we go to the cardiologist. If I can't get through to the cardio at 1:00, I'm calling the primary care to have her office get through.

Thank you for all of your advice and love. I can't believe I'm going to saying this, but I just wish she had a cold or something I could point to. I know if she had one of those, I wouldn't want it either, but at least I would know the answer.
Mel

4 Message(s)


Posted Jan 29, 2009 8:33pm
Keepin' the prayers going! I understand when you say you wish it was a cold...I have been there. It is frustrating and you feel helpless as a parent when you can't help your child the way you want or get the answers that you need. Have faith!
The Price Family
cp: Cameronjprice

Posted Jan 27, 2009 4:53pm
God Bless you, Mel...honey, hang in there, our prayers are so strong for McKenzie and especially for you and Dale....wish I could hug you....
Love, Aunt Char xoxoxoxoxo

Set1_rose
Posted Jan 27, 2009 11:07am
Your persistence will win out in the end. Hang in there. Izzy is in our hearts. Not having a difinitive answer is so frustrating!
Love, June,David and Kristen

Posted Jan 27, 2009 11:05am
I'd just show up at the doctor's office. They won't turn you away!! I hope Izzy is better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment