Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Doing Okay

After my worrying yesterday, I contacted Izzy's cardiologist. From the symptoms, she wasn't that worried, but wanted Izzy checked out by her primary care doc to see if there was an ear infection or something we couldn't see. McKenzie went this morning and all is clear on that front. The doctors aren't too concerned, but indicated it is good that the cath is set up for three weeks from now. If anything further goes on, we are to call back again. Even better, is that McKenzie started eating more. It is quite possible that she was having a growth spurt for the two weeks prior to this or that the introduction of safflower oil had an adverse effect. We've stopped the safflower oil to see if that helps with the eating. The sleepiness and blueness is probably just because she needs to have her full-fix soon. Dale did see what I was seeing after I pointed it out to him. Not that it makes me feel better, but at least I'm not delusional. Thank you for all of your advice. After putting the post up and reading the comments, I felt less ridiculous in my fears and called the docs. Both the cardiologist and primary care docs put a lot of credence in my mom instincts that Izzy has changed. Right now, we are to watch her and prepare for the next steps.

Izzy is still happy. She is trying to go everywhere. She just tires easier. She doesn't seem to care that her sats are obviously dropping. Although, when we measure them, she is still in the mid-80s (her baseline). Thank you all again. It means so much to know people care about our girl and that there are other people who understand what we are going through.
Mel

5 Message(s)


Posted Jan 26, 2009 12:16pm
Glad Izzy is eating better. We all worry when we see the differences in our children. Our docs always told us that when they retract (pulling in at the stomach when they breathe) to definitely call them. It doesn't hurt to call for any concerns though, cause then you can have peace of mind. The docs and their nurses understand our fears, and they know the clues to look for. Hang in there. cp: littlemanvaitor

Posted Jan 24, 2009 8:37pm
Thinking of you and hoping that things continue to go smoothly, you sound like a very good mama with good instincts, I know what it's like to obsess over everything and worry, I'm glad the docs provided some reassurance! Hang in there!
Laura and Lily
cp: lilygrace2

Posted Jan 24, 2009 5:18pm
glad to hear things are at least a little better than you thought. I'm sure she'll be wonderful after her fix up surgery. Take care. We're praying for all of you.

Food_orange
Posted Jan 24, 2009 12:45pm
You're doing a great job, Melonie! I'm glad things are okay. Sending an orange so Izzy stays healthy from now until her repair.

Set1_rose
Posted Jan 24, 2009 12:32pm
iT'S GOOD TO HEAR THAT YOU CHECKED THINGS OUT AND FEEL LIKE THINGS MAKE MORE SENSE NOW. IZZY IS A TOUGH LITTLE GIRL BUT IT'S GREAT THAT YOU PAY SO MUCH ATTENTION TO WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH HER. THE HOPE IS THAT AFTER HER FULL FIX SURGERY AND RECOVERY TIME SHE SHOULD BE IN MUCH BETTER SHAPE ALL AROUND!
TAKE GOOD CARE OF EACH OTHER,
LOVE,JUNE,DAVID AND KRISTEN

No comments:

Post a Comment