Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Friday the 13th

As of a couple minutes ago, McKenzie's heart cath is set for Friday, February 13, 2009 with Dr. Forbes at 6:00 a.m. He performed McKenzie's first cath and assisted in her last one after the coil was lodged in the incorrect location. Hopefully, all goes as planned this time (even though there is no plan, except to see how McKenzie is doing). I'm still trying to keep the positive thoughts about this procedure, but now that it is a real date, it is harder, especially since the CHM docs don't really know McKenzie any more. She is a completely different kid than the last time she was there. I just hope the communication between CHM and the Beaumont docs is open, so that the best decisions can be made for her.
Mel

4 Message(s)


Support_strength
Posted Jan 22, 2009 2:18pm
I know this is a trying and difficult time for you. After reading your past few updates, my mind goes back to the same feelings that I had with Vaitor, my son. Our children's defects are similar (but also have a little different twist). We went about 7 years between surgery #5 and #6. Every year that we had to go to the surgery doctor's for follow-ups, I would have the most dreaded and knot wrenching feeling inside. I couldn't stand the thought of hearing the words surgery again, and hoped it would go away. I could tell that Vaitor's color was becoming more dusky, and he tired quicker. Deep down I knew his defect would need repaired further, and I would pray that God would help me accept the facts as they were. To accept that surgery was evident, and that HE would help us through it. Our 5th surgery was the worst, and the outcome didn't look good. But God performed a miracle!!!! The 6th surgery was May of 2007 and so far the new conduits are functioning. Out of 6 surgeries, he has had 4 different surgeons. Three out of the 6 surgeries have been successful. So you begin to wonder why try anymore. He is 15 years old, and that is reason enough. Only God has control of how many more years we will be blessed to have him here with us. Always express your concerns, these doctors understand our worries. These experiences are new as parents of CHD kids, so there will be many things to learn and understand. We just found out in the last year that our son has DiGeorge, which helps to explain a lot of concerns that we have had in the past, but no explanation since this is a fairly new known related condition. Such as frequent sinus infections because of the defect in the facial bone structure. Hang in there. We will be praying for you guys. Put your faith in God, for he will see you through, and give you peace that you never knew that you could feel. cp: littlemanvaitor

Posted Jan 20, 2009 11:00pm
Keep the faith! You will be in our prayers!~Jodi
cp: Cameronjprice

Set1_rose
Posted Jan 20, 2009 10:14pm
You will all be in our thoughts.Love to you all.
June,David and Kristen

Posted Jan 20, 2009 6:25pm
Well it can't hurt to mention that to them (CHM & Beaumont)....Keep your faith!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment