Pages

Friday, January 23, 2009

Backwards

It feels like we have gone back several months. I spent an hour this morning forcing McKenzie to eat 3 oz of formula. For the last week, she has been eating almost 6 ounces less formula a day than she had been and not eating all of the solids she had been. She is getting tired more easily as well and her fingers and lips are turning blue much more frequently. Her feet probably are too, but they are always covered. It's as if her body knew we were preparing for her next surgery and decided to tell us the decision was right. It is weird though because it was so sudden. I keep waiting for her to get a fever or start coughing, something to indicate she is sick. But, nothing comes. I guess she is sick, just with a more permanent kind of illness. Dale doesn't see it, so our plan is to watch her very closely this weekend and see if I'm just imagining things or if she IS doing worse. The day care ladies noticed it as well, so I think he is just in denial. Let's hope he is right and that my worry-gene is causing delusions.
Mel

6 Message(s)


Posted Jan 24, 2009 10:43am
Hang in there! Like you, I was the one that always noticed differences first. And stick with the initial gut instinct-many times it is never wrong! Wishing you the best and prayers for all of you~Jodi
cp: Cameronjprice

Rainbow1
Posted Jan 23, 2009 9:15pm
Hi Mel,
You're a mom, never doubt your instincts...keep watch and God bless you. Her little body is saying that it's time for the next step. Our prayers are with you all, extra special ones for mom :o) Hang in there sweet Mel....you're doing a terrific job and you're a wonderful mom. Hugs from all of us and lots of love,
Aunt Char xoxoxoxox

Posted Jan 23, 2009 4:19pm
Hang in there Izzy!!! God bless your little body and fill it with health and hunger to build your strength. Amen!

Posted Jan 23, 2009 3:53pm
Dads are good at denial. Paul is the king of it in our house. I'm always the one noticing when things aren't right. If you think something is wrong and the day care ladies do to, then go with it. I'd rather be labeled as the overprotective crazy mom than to find out later that I should have done something. If in doubt, call the cardio. Many prayers coming your way.
Dorie
cp: MatthewNeuhaus

Posted Jan 23, 2009 3:13pm
Go with your gut...if you think something is not right, call your cardio...always play it safe, if she is ok, then you can put your worry aside. If she is struggling you have caught it early. Moms just know...I will pray extra for sweet Mckenzie. hugs, Kim and Will cp: hewill

Set1_rose
Posted Jan 23, 2009 3:13pm
hang in there. Ups and downs can be really frustrating and scary especially the downs. Maybe this is Mckenzie regrouping and getting ready for what comes next. I imagine it must be hard for her system to sustain the ups indefinitely until she has her full fix surgery.Lots of love,
June,David and Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment