Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Posted Apr 2, 2008 10:00am

The docs changed McKenzie's medicines yesterday in an attempt to get less of the oxygen concentrated in her lungs and heart and to be circulated out to the rest of her body, which should improve her sucess at recovery. The jury is still out as to whether she will cooperate, but she is doing well.

She is obviously moving past the pain from the surgery and just annoyed by all of the tubes and wires on her body. She spent a lot of yesterday fighting the tubes and wires and at one point she almost turned herself over trying to get away from the arterial line in her right hand. The tubes kept her down though. You would never guess from her strength that she was so sick. Unfortunately, we cannot allow her to work that hard, so after those maneuvers, she had to be sedadated. We need all of her energy focused on healing. It is very nice to know that she is that strong and determined at this age.
Mel

1 Message(s)


Encourage_hug_blue
Posted Apr 2, 2008 12:50pm
Thinking of You
Mel,
I read through all of the updates and I am amazed at your little fighter. I cannot imagine what you and Dale are going through, but I do know that you have a special strength that has prepared you for this. McKenzie is beautiful, amazing and determined. She takes after you already. I'm thinking of you and your baby girl and sending good thoughts your way. Love, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment