McKenzie went back further last night after Dale and I left the
hospital, but she is rebounding today. She looked pink and healthy
and had the energy to suck on her pacifier again. She is back on a
lot of the medicines they had taken off last week (plus some new
ones) and still on the nasal canula for oxygen, but looking good.
We meet with her doctor tomorrow to see what to expect next. I'm
guessing he will tell us to expect McKenzie to stay in the hospital
at least another month, if not two. They keep telling us that she
needs to grow before she will truly improve. If only she could grow
more quickly (not that I want her to get big yet. I've already
missed the little baby days.) Please continue to keep McKenzie in
your thoughts. She needs as much love sent her way as possible to
help her grow, especially since we can't hold her now that she is
hooked up to all of the tubes again.
Mel
Mel
No comments:
Post a Comment