Pages

Monday, March 31, 2008

Posted Mar 31, 2008 8:40am

McKenzie was extabated last night around 10:00 p.m. Unfortunately, within minutes, she had to be re-intebated. Her body was not ready to breathe on its own. The doctors told us there was a 50 percent chance that removing the breathing tube would work. I guess the glass was half empty yesterday. Now, we'll wait a couple more days and then she will hopefully be ready and we can hear her cry once again.

Phin goes back to school today, so we hope his life will return to a more normal routine and he is a happier kid. It is very hard to see both of your babies unhappy and crying and there is nothing you can do.
Mel

4 Message(s)


Encourage_megaphone
Posted Mar 31, 2008 4:01pm
You're Great Parents!
Sis,
I know it's been tough having to split your time between two little ones, but remember that you and Dale are doing the best that you can. You really are great parents, and Phineas knows that his mommy and daddy love him lots. I'm guessing that he'll be happier going back to day care this week to reestablish a bit of normalcy. We've already seen McKenzie overcome amazing obstacles, so I know that she'll be able to breathe on her own soon. Stay strong, and don't forget that you are only human--you can't be in more than one place at a time. You're doing great!
Love,
Courtney

Spring_flower4
Posted Mar 31, 2008 3:28pm
Your daughter is beautiful!!
Hi my name is Melissa and my daughter was born 01/05/07 and has mitral valve regurgitation. A rare deformity of the mitral valve. She stayed at Children's Hospital of Michigan for about a week when she became sick and was diagnosed. We did not know of her heart condition until she was almost 3 weeks old! Your baby is in the hands of the most talented, compassonate people in the world! I have faith that she will make it thru! Our daughter is one of Dr Dan Turner's patients down there at Children's and we think the world of their cardiology department! I wanted to let you know that your daughter and your family are in our prayers. Take care! Feel free to visit our baby's carepage anytime!
Melissa Heck
mom to Samantha (MVR)
cp: Samanthacupcake

Spring_flower4
Posted Mar 31, 2008 10:09am
We are with you in spirit
Mel, Dale, Phin, and McKenzie,
You all are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. Every time I get an e-mail saying the care page has been updated, I am just amazed at your dedication to keeping everyone informed. I jump right to it and read the latest news. I think many of us are joining you on parts of your roller coaster and cheering for you the whole way. I'm so sorry that you have to go through seeing both your children sad. I hope that soon you will feel the joy of seeing them both happy and healthy.
Love, Sarah

Bear1
Posted Mar 31, 2008 9:34am
a message from Ma
Mel and Dale,
You know my very best wishes are with you and the kids. I just want you to know that I am thinking of you of course you are always in my prayers.
I am not with you at the hospital right now. However, your father is. I hope that getting Phin back to school and with his friends will make his life a little easier. I know that having you and Dale around a little more is very helpful.
If you need anything let me know. I love you. Ma

No comments:

Post a Comment