Pages

Monday, March 17, 2008

Posted Mar 17, 2008 5:56pm

McKenzie Rose Stothers has arrived today at 9:41 a.m. She weighed in at 6 pounds 9 ounces and was 19 inches long. She has RED hair and looks perfect. This means that at least she does not have a cleft palate that was a possible complication.


P1369533_display
Within minutes of delivery.

She is in the Neonatal ICU at Hutzel Hopsital and she will be transferred to Children's Hospital tonight as soon as possible. They are hoping to do a Cardiac Catherization tomorrow and this will give all of us alot more information. The heart defect is pretty much what was expected. However, she was able to grow some collateral arteries off the descending aorta which is supplying the lungs with vital blood.

Melonie is doing fine. Dale was able to be with her during the delivery and was able to see much more with McKenzie's delivery than with Phin's. He was able to see them clean McKenzie up and do all the suctioning and he was suprised at all they did to her directly after birth.

Day 1, smiling baby.

End of day 1, when the transport team stopped by Mom's room on the way to McKenzie's new residence, Children's Hospital.

________________________________________________________________

9 Message(s) from Carepage

----------

Encourage_prayhands2Posted Mar 19, 2008 9:51am
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL BLESSING SHE IS!!!
Mel (and family)
I will keep all of you in my prayers during this time. May God grant you strength when you are tired and peace when it seems as though everything is constantly moving. I love you dearly and please keep posting those beautiful photos :)
----------
 
Posted Mar 18, 2008 6:50pm
Yeah for You!!
Glad to hear things are going well for little McKenzie and all of the family. This is such a great time for you. We're sure everything will be fine for your little baby. Congrats and enjoy!!
----------
 
Animal_frogPosted Mar 18, 2008 10:32am
Congrats
Glad everything is going well, McKenzie sounds like a fighter, one determined little girl. I'm glad she is taking after her mommy already. We will keep you all in our prayers.
Love, Kalis's
----------
 
Babyg_strollerPosted Mar 18, 2008 12:35am
Our Thoughts are With You..
Mel,
Please know that Rick and I have your new little addition as well as your entire family in our thoughts and prayers. She is beautiful!
Love,
Rick and Heather Bartel
----------
 
Praying_hands1Posted Mar 17, 2008 10:29pm
Stay Strong
Stay strong and keep positive. McKenzie is a miracle and she will continue to amaze you and bring a new light to your lives.
----------
 
Babyg_pacifierPosted Mar 17, 2008 7:54pm
Hello McKenzie!!
Welcome to the world St. Patty's baby girl! I can't wait to meet you! Nothing but great luck is ahead for your future!
\XOXO
----------
 
Posted Mar 17, 2008 7:18pm
Welcom McKenzie Rose
I am so happy that everyone is dong well. I will continue to pray for McKenzie's health and for her strength through her surgeries.
Love, Aunt Mary
----------
 
Set1_rosePosted Mar 17, 2008 6:17pm
Welcome McKenzie Rose!!
We are so glad you are here!!
----------
 
Set1_daffodilPosted Mar 17, 2008 6:14pm
Congratulations!!
I am glad everything went well and I will keep you all in my prayers.
Love,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment