Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Mar 19, 2008

Taken Wednesday, March 19, 2008
 McKenzie had her heart catheritization on Tuesday. They changed the diagnosis to an extreme case of tetrology of fallot, almost pulmonary artresia. Her pulmonary arteries are present, but exceedingly small. They will perform her first open heart surgery tomorrow morning (Thursday). The surgeons will place a shunt in to increase the flow between the heart and lungs. This will allow her pulmonary arterties to (hopefully) grow so that within the next year she can undergo the "permanent" fix. She may need further surgeries after that, but we won't know until we see what happens.

They have discovered other health problems and she will need other surgeries to fix some other physical anamolyies, but all of those can and will wait until her heart and lungs are properly connected.

She is very strong and making an impression with her red hair. Even when she is sedated she is a fighter. Unfortunately, she tries to take out her tubes. She doesn't like them very much at all. Neither do we.

All of your thoughts and well wishes are helping us very much. I should be released from the hospital tomorrow as well (probably in the middle of McKenzie's surgery). We are doing well. Hopefully, she will be home within the next month. Everything is moving much faster than anticipated, but she is getting the best care.

Thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers.

Love,

Mel

_________________________________

7 Message(s) from carepages:

Posted Mar 20, 2008 2:47pm
In my prayers....
Just wanted to let you guys know that I've been praying for McKenzie and you. I believe everything will work out for good.
Let me know if you need anything.
Love,
Aunt Jo

Posted Mar 20, 2008 12:48pm
Love You Guys
Hi Stothers Family,
I am here for you if you need anything. I will pray that McKenzie's surgeries go well, that the doctors will do an amazing job and have all the knowledge and skill that they need to accomplish the surgery. I will pray that McKenzie will thrive with the work that they do and that you, Dale and Phin will have all the support you need. Please let me know if you need anything.
Love you guys, Sarah

Set1_rosePosted Mar 20, 2008 1:28am
Go McKenzie!!
Your heart is in our hearts. You and all the people who love you will be in our thoughts tomorrow.
Love June, David and Kristen

Baby_abcblocksPosted Mar 19, 2008 9:30pm
Keeping you in our thoughts
The entire family is in our thoughts. We greatly appreciate the updates. It is almost like we are there:) I can't wait to see everyone in April.
Love, Char and family

Posted Mar 19, 2008 9:25pm
Thank god for Little Girls!
Our hearts, love, and positive thoughts go out to you. We can't wait to meet her. Please let me know if I can help in any way.

Encourage_hug_bluePosted Mar 19, 2008 8:01pm
Love you all!
Can't wait to meet your precious little girl. I will be getting Phin off to day care tomorrow and waiting to hear what I can do next. Made a big pot of soup for you(it's what I do). I will drop it off tomorrow. Let me know if there is anything else that I can do. All my love. Aunt Liz

Posted Mar 19, 2008 7:49pm
Thanks for the Update
Thank you so much for taking the time to keep us all informed. Our thoughts and prayers are with you today and always. Keep positive thoughts and so will we. Take care. We love all of you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment