Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Reflection

As the last day of 2008 neared, I started reflecting on this year and all that has occurred and all that we have learned. It was exactly a year ago today that we saw McKenzie's beautiful face for the first time. That was the day of the ultrasound that finally determined McKenzie's CHDs included much more than tetralogy of fallot. They didn't know what, but they could not find any pulmonary arteries. It was a confusing day. We had so hoped they would finally see the pulmonary arteries. We were devasted when they weren't found, but we saw McKenzie's beautiful, chubby little cheeks on the screen, just like Phin (and her mommy). That made us happy. Then, reality hit and we knew surgery was going to meet her quickly. It was so confusing.

A year later, I'm still confused. My daughter is so happy, she lights up a room. She is beautiful and stubborn. I love all of the time I'm with her. She loves her big brother and watching the two of them together makes me melt. Yet, constantly looming is the thought that her sats keep going down. That she has another major surgery coming very quickly, and that there are countless more on the way. I relish the moments like this week, where everyone is healthy (if you exclude Dale's back that is out). I don't know what I am saying in this post, but I do know this: Hug your babies. Hug them tight. No matter if they are healthy, sick, or in-between. It is so important and life is so short.

Happy days with Daddy and Phinney. December 29, 2008.

I don't know how I will remember 2008 years from now. It has been a rollercoaster, but I like to think I will smile. My amazing McKenzie Rose discovered this wonderful world in 2008 and she brightened our lives. Hopefully, 2009 will be just as good without so many drops.

Happy New Year!
Mel

6 Message(s)

Posted Jan 1, 2009 9:44am
I hope you had a blessed new years. I hope you have a happy start to the new year. Continuing to pray for all the children fighting the fight with whatever illness they have.
Tina
cp: karlybug

Posted Dec 31, 2008 9:16pm
May God bless you all in 2009!!!
Let the good.... Be good. =)

Set1_rose
Posted Dec 31, 2008 3:33pm
McKenzie has brighten all of our lives. You write so beautifully about your family and all of your experiences. May 2009 bring you joy, peace, love and resolution.
Love, June, David and Kristen

Star1
Posted Dec 31, 2008 1:41pm
You're not kidding when you say that the journey is a confusing one. It seems like everyday our daughter's stories are changing and evolving. They are the perfect picture of health on the outside- it seems so unlikely that so much is going on inside.
Sometimes it's all overwhelming. All you have to do is keep moving forward. Each procedure, each surgery and each day brings you a little bit closer to a future with less looming thoughts. "Hope moves us forward"- is my own personal mantra and it hangs on our fridge to remind me that every day is an accomplishment. Every single day is one giant step forward- and you guys have made it through a whole year!
I know that 2009 will bring great things for you and Izzy. We're rooting for you with every step.
Happy New Year!!!!
Love,
The Lisa Family

Posted Dec 31, 2008 1:26pm

I hope 2009 turns your rollercoaster into a carousel where the ups and downs are short and predictable. Thinking of all of you - Amy

Posted Dec 31, 2008 10:56am
she's a wonderful little girl and you are blessed with your two great kids. enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment