Pages

Friday, December 19, 2008

Doing Well

Izzy still has the remants of her cold, but she is doing well. This whole eating on her own thing has done wonders for her weight (at least I assume as much since we don't have a baby scale). She eats so much more at a sitting when she feeds herself. It also lets us get more things done, which is very convenient.

McKenzie was able to go back to physical therapy Tuesday, just in time for the last class of the year. The physical and occupational therapists were so proud of her and once again said she earned most improved player award. They couldn't believe that she was stronger than her last visit considering she was sick for so long. McKenzie IS much stronger. She can sit up on her own for extended periods of time. She is just starting to build the muscles that will help her get to the sitting position on her own and protect herself from a fall. She rolls from either side and chooses to sleep on her side these days. Unfortunately, she gets caught in the bars of her bed by doing that and we get screamed at multiple times a night to rescue her or right now, while I'm writing this and she is napping. She must have sensed what I was writing. Izzy loves her exersaucer and bounces and bounces. I think she would love to stand, but she is nowhere near standing or crawling.

Phin is doing really well and is as excited as he can be about Christmas since he doesn't remember it at all. I tried to explain to him that Christmas was a holidy, that we spend time with family and friends, and even told him about gifts. The only thing he got out of it was cake. As soon as I said Christmas was a holiday, he said "cake"? I asked him what we should put under the tree and he told me "cake". Then I asked what we should get Daddy for Christmas and once again, the answer was "cake". Now, I think he has had cake 5, maybe 10 times in his life (at least in front of me). Apparently, that is enough to make an impression. So, you should all be happy to know that Christmas is all about cake.

Due to the blizzard outside, we are all home today. Dale is mainly taking care of the kids while I work, but it is nice to not have to go out. Phin played in the snow for the first time ever today. He likes walking in his boots, but the snow was up to his thighs and after a few steps, he just stood there until Dale picked him back up. Our neighbor was nice enough to give us his sled. His kids are adults now and they have no need for it, so he thought Phin would like it. After Dale started to shovel, Phin loved it because he could finally walk. I have some good pics. It is too bad that you can no longer tell that Dale shoveled!

Snow Day! December 19, 2008.

My dad said I had to post this picture for my aunts. He thinks Izzy is trying to be like Great Grandma Graessle here.
It is so nice to give an update that is all good (even if it is really, really long). We hope the good news lasts at least until the new year. If we don't see you, we wish you all the best and the happiest of new years! Hopefully, everyone gets the familytime they need. I know I am looking forward to it. I can't wait to hug my nephews, sister, and brother-in-law, to celebrate the holidays with family, and see Xavier turn 3! Oh yeah, and I'm excited about the cake.
Mel

8 Message(s)

 
Posted Jan 7, 2009 7:23pm
OMG!!! She's just like my Mom! How funny!
 
Posted Dec 31, 2008 7:24am
Very comfy !!
 
Posted Dec 26, 2008 12:19pm
Very cute!!!!

Posted Dec 21, 2008 12:08pm
glad to hear all your great news and just in time for the holidays!! Enjoy!!!

Posted Dec 20, 2008 10:45pm
Dear Dale, Melonie & Co. It's so good to hear how well Mckenzie is doing our prayers are still coming your way, God bless The Mazeppa's

Posted Dec 20, 2008 11:42am
Hope you guys have a GREAT holiday!!! and remain blessed!

Posted Dec 19, 2008 9:21pm

What a wonderful Christmas gift from you to hear everyone in your family is well right now. You and Dale have such strenght and courage. Your family will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers and we wish you a very happy Christmas and an extra helping of cake.

Posted Dec 19, 2008 7:02pm
It's wonderful to hear such good news, Mel. God is good! We wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a happy and mostly HEALTHY New Year! The prayers are still being prayed and remember, Jesus was born so that we might live! Amen!
Love to all,
Aunt Char xoxoxo

Set1_rose
Posted Dec 19, 2008 1:53pm
happy, happy holidays!! May they be joyful and uneventful in terms of Izzy's health. Home with her family is the best medicine ever.
Love, June,David and Kristen

Posted Dec 19, 2008 1:46pm
So glad to hear all good news! Your going to have a wonderful Christmas. My daughter and I are talking about making a cake for Jesus birthday. I will try to save a piece for Saturday to give to Phin.

No comments:

Post a Comment