Izzy had started to eat and we were hopeful that she would gain
enough weight to stave off the G-tube (feeding tube placed directly
in the belly). That still may be, but Izzy started getting sick
again Saturday night and by Sunday was very congested and had a
fever. We got the fever under control and because we had the
Xoponex still at the house from the last time (1.5 weeks ago), we
have kept her airways open, so she still ate 21 ounces yesterday.
Luckily, we have the oxygen and pulse ox now in case it is needed
as well. We are just waiting for new leads for the pulse ox since
she is allergic to the ones they brought us. So, once again, we are
on the edge of our seats waiting to see if McKenzie can make it
through a cold without being hospitalized. She hasn't done it yet,
but I'm hopeful!
Mel
Mel
No comments:
Post a Comment