Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Last Day of Normalcy?


Look at that gorgeous smile. August 10, 2008
It could be McKenzie's last day of normalcy for a long time or it could be just one day amidst many normal days. Tomorrow McKenzie has her next heart catheterization. That should allow us to know whether McKenzie's next open heart surgery will be in the next couple of weeks or several months away. The goal is to be able to cut off the collateral vessels that are providing blood to the lungs during the cath so that her pulmonary arteries will start to grow and be the main source of blood to the lungs. If that cannot be accomplished during the cath, it is likely she will need further surgery. What that surgery will be I don't know because I haven't had the heart to ask. I imagine it would be the insertion of a larger shunt, but that is only my ignorant lay opinion without doing any research.

Luckily, McKenzie does not know what is going to happen tomorrow and she is happy as can be. She was so excited to see me this morning when I woke her up to eat at 5:30. She smiled from ear to ear. Then she ate her entire bottle (3.5 ounces), took a cat nap, then played with her dolly. She is doing so well. She is even bouncing in an exersaucer they have at school that is just her size. Hopefully, the cath will work, and she will only be down a couple of days so that we do not lose all of the hard work she has done in the last two weeks becoming stronger and eating like a champ. I don't want to have to put her back on the feeding tube, but understand if it is necessary. The most important thing is for her to be strong.

Keep Izzy in your thoughts tomorrow and we will update everyone when we get the chance and there is some news.
Mel

Posted Aug 12, 2008 9:26am

3 Message(s)


Posted Aug 13, 2008 7:40am
I will continue to pray for MacKenzie, as I do every day.
Love, Aunt Mary

Rainbow1
Posted Aug 12, 2008 5:42pm
Good luck tomorrow, Izzy! Nine-month-old Elie (my truncus baby) knows you're going to come through the cath with flying colors, so tell your mom and dad to hang in there!
:0)
Holly
cp: EliesPage

Set1_rose
Posted Aug 12, 2008 10:01am
Izzy you are in our hearts!The day care kids will send you magic kisses at circle time tomorrow to help you stay strong and healthy.
Love, June, David, Kristen (and the kids)

No comments:

Post a Comment