Izzy was released from the hospital around 9:30 this morning.
They found the pulse in her foot around 7:00 last night and then
again around 10:30, so they turned off the heparin and let her
finish recovering on her own. Her leg was extremely swollen
yesterday, but almost back to normal today. When I arrived this
morning, she was sitting in her Daddy's lap looking happy as can
be! Dale did tell me that the two of them had a very rough night
and I had arrived right when the corner had been turned. Luckily,
the doctor followed behind me so that she was released.
Right now, she is sleeping in her favorite place, her swing. Dr. Srinath (cardiologist who did the cath) caught us the hall before we left and told us once again that he would be talking with Dr. Cutler (primary cardiologist) and Dr. Walters (cardio-thoracic surgeon) to see what the next step will be. He said they have a lot to talk about---decide when to do the full-fix surgery, when the others caths should be done to coil off the collaterals, what the order should be for those, should they let her continue to grow since she is finally starting to come into her own. I got the distinct impression this morning that things with McKenzie are much more complicated than I was led to believe yesterday. My impression was that the doctor is still scratching his head and hopes that by getting enough people together wtih enough knowledge, the answers will come. Right now, I'm not worrying about it though. There is nothing we can do except live our lives. So, that is what we are going to do. Besides we have a birthday to celebrate right now (Phin will be 2 on Tuesday). I'll wait to worry until I find out the plan.
Thanks to everyone for sending the warm thoughts our way. It has been very important for Dale and I to know how much support we have. It is comforting to just see the visitors we get to the carepage when a new post is added. Thank you all!
Mel
Posted Aug 14, 2008 11:05am
Right now, she is sleeping in her favorite place, her swing. Dr. Srinath (cardiologist who did the cath) caught us the hall before we left and told us once again that he would be talking with Dr. Cutler (primary cardiologist) and Dr. Walters (cardio-thoracic surgeon) to see what the next step will be. He said they have a lot to talk about---decide when to do the full-fix surgery, when the others caths should be done to coil off the collaterals, what the order should be for those, should they let her continue to grow since she is finally starting to come into her own. I got the distinct impression this morning that things with McKenzie are much more complicated than I was led to believe yesterday. My impression was that the doctor is still scratching his head and hopes that by getting enough people together wtih enough knowledge, the answers will come. Right now, I'm not worrying about it though. There is nothing we can do except live our lives. So, that is what we are going to do. Besides we have a birthday to celebrate right now (Phin will be 2 on Tuesday). I'll wait to worry until I find out the plan.
Thanks to everyone for sending the warm thoughts our way. It has been very important for Dale and I to know how much support we have. It is comforting to just see the visitors we get to the carepage when a new post is added. Thank you all!
Mel
Posted Aug 14, 2008 11:05am
No comments:
Post a Comment