Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Posted Jun 25, 2008 3:58pm

We were surprisingly shocked to learn today that McKenzie had stopped losing weight and had actually gained weight since last week. Her gastroenterologist was happy with the progress and has said re-inserting the feeding tube at this time is not necessary. He did switch her formula once again. Hopefully, she will continue to improve with her eating and she will take well to the new formula.
Mel

3 Message(s)


Posted Jun 25, 2008 7:28pm
Excellent!
Happy to hear the good news! Annie, Rojelio & Lucia

Posted Jun 25, 2008 7:18pm
Hang in there!
Hi,
I've been following McKenzie's progress on Care Pages, and I just wanted to send good wishes your way. Also, hang in there with the feeding issues. Our baby, Elie, only took 11-13 oz. of breast milk/formula per day until she was about 5 months old. It drove the pediatrician crazy, but our very wise, very experienced GI doc told us not to worry -- Elie was pink, happy, and slooooooowly gaining weight, so we didn't rock the boat. Today, at 7 months, she takes around 20 oz. per day, plus three solid meals, and she's finally filling out a little. I bet McKenzie will do the same! The best of luck to you and your family.
~Holly ("EliesPage" on Care Pages)

Food_strawberry
Posted Jun 25, 2008 4:44pm
Way to Go McKenzie!
That is wonderful news Mel. I am glad she doesn't need that feeding tube back. Sounds awful. We are still praying for you guys. I hope she does well on her new formula and can continue to gain weight. Still love that smile and that picture!
Love, Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment