Despite what we were told Friday, McKenzie will not be having
her surgery within a month. We will not find out the surgery date
until we meet with Dr. Walters and the first appointment we could
get is March 12. Hopefully, we can keep her well for that long and
she doesn't have too many problems.
McKenzie's blueness keeps going deeper. Do any of you heart moms
know how far the blue has to go up the feet and hands before I
should be concerned? McKenzie's entire hands were blue this
morning. I've never seen that. Her entire feet, yes. The fingers,
yes, but not the hands. I know to be concerned if her face is blue
(well more than just her lips and gums), but not sure about
everything else.
On a positive note, McKenzie ate more than 20 oz of furmula the
last couple of days. Since she had not done that in a couple of
weeks, we are going to be happy. She is still nowhere near where
she had been a month ago before her random weirdness, but she is
happy. That is all I can ask for.
Mel
10 Message(s)
Posted Mar 6, 2009 6:10pm
by Traci Lisa
Just wanted to say "Hi"!
Hope McKenzie and the rest of you are doing well. I'm glad to hear
she has been eating so well.
Take care,
Traci
Posted Feb 27, 2009 2:43pm
by Debbie McCall
Hi I am Debbie and my son is 9 (Zayne). His hands backside and
nail beds stay blue/dark purple really often especially if he is
cold. His hands also stay blue on both the top and bottom.....but
it is a lot due to being cold....hope that helps...
Debbie
cp:
zayne1
Posted Feb 20, 2009 8:37am
by Andrea Welch
Hi,
I agree, it may be a good idea if you don't have a sat monitor to
ask for one. Jayci's monitor has given us a prewarning of illness
and problems. Sometimes if Jayci gets "dry" from the Lasix her
hands and feet will turn blue. But her Doctor said he has never
seen that before and that could be her way of telling us she needs
her Lasix adjusted. So not sure if that helps.
Andrea
cp:
OurJayci
Posted Feb 20, 2009 3:52am
by JOY K
One thing my cardiologist told me- since we struggled with o2
sats in the 60's for a long time, was to look at the tongue- mainly
underneath- it is the last thing to go blue and is a clear signal
of severe oxygen loss. Hope this helps, otherwise- Jilliann has
blue days that effect all of hands and feet too. Do you have a sat.
monitor at home- if not, maybe they could order you one!!! Heart
hugs, Joy and Jilliann cp sillyjilly07
Posted Feb 19, 2009 9:12pm
by Vicki Davis
I wish I could help with the blueness, for we've never had hands
and feet to turn blue. Vaitor's nail beds get grayer, and fingers
when his sats are low. If you can get a pulse ox, that would help
ease the anxieties. We will keep you guys in our prayers. cp:
littlemanvaitor
Posted Feb 19, 2009 4:58pm
by Kim K
do you have a sat monitor??? ask for one if not! takes some
worry away...if she is single ventricle insurance should cover it
for sure!
Posted Feb 19, 2009 4:34pm
by Susan McLean
I cant say about the blueness. But I can let you know that I
have been praying for you!!
Susan
cp:
SweetHaleyMae
Posted Feb 19, 2009 3:22pm
by Terri Gonzalez
God Bless you Izzy with health and strength always!!!!!!
Hang in there family..stay positive.
Posted Feb 19, 2009 3:11pm
by Jennifer Pranke
Our prayer's continue to be with you...
Posted Feb 19, 2009 1:55pm
by June Spriggs
Hopefully Izzy can have her surgery shortly after your
appointment with the doc in March. Keeping a close eye on Izzy'z
"blueness" is a very good thing and hopefully mom's who have been
there can give you some good info/assurance. Love June,David&
Kristen
No comments:
Post a Comment