So, Dale figured out Izzy's problem. Since this weekend, Izzy
hasn't been eating. Saturday, she spiked a temp for a couple of
hours. It went down with some motrin and then Sunday she started
getting a slightly runny nose. It wasn't a big deal at all, but she
wouldn't eat. Then, she wouldn't sleep. She has been waking up
early, early moaning. At daycare, she won't sleep and she just
moans. (Not moans as she was in pain, but the moaning she does when
she is tired.) Nothing makes her happy and she won't eat, but we
couldn't figure out what was wrong. We just assumed it was the
slightly runny nose and her not sleeping, but that didn't seem like
enough to make her so NOT happy.
This morning she was miserable, she wouldn't eat, and she was overly tired. Since I had to go to work, we decided that I would drop the kids at daycare and Dale would leave work at 11:00 to pick her up in time for lunch and then a good long nap in her own bed, hoping good sleep would get her out of the funk. When he got there, he discovered gunk coming out of her ear. We're guessing that she has had an ear infection for quite a while now and she never once pulled on her ear. She didn't favor it. She didn't do anything besides not eating or sleeping. Since it is so difficult to get her to eat and sleep, we didn't realize there was something more going on. I feel so guilty that I missed this. She didn't act like she was in pain, only tired! If only, if only, then we would have gotten her to the doctor's sooner. I hope this doesn't delay the cath.
Mel
This morning she was miserable, she wouldn't eat, and she was overly tired. Since I had to go to work, we decided that I would drop the kids at daycare and Dale would leave work at 11:00 to pick her up in time for lunch and then a good long nap in her own bed, hoping good sleep would get her out of the funk. When he got there, he discovered gunk coming out of her ear. We're guessing that she has had an ear infection for quite a while now and she never once pulled on her ear. She didn't favor it. She didn't do anything besides not eating or sleeping. Since it is so difficult to get her to eat and sleep, we didn't realize there was something more going on. I feel so guilty that I missed this. She didn't act like she was in pain, only tired! If only, if only, then we would have gotten her to the doctor's sooner. I hope this doesn't delay the cath.
Mel
No comments:
Post a Comment