We had a breakthrough today! McKenzie finally showed that she
understood what we were doing with the bottle. She took 40 cc in 3
minutes (1 1/3 ounces). It might not seem like a lot, but she woke
up from napping to drink it and stayed awake. (It is usually the
opposite way around---awake when we start and fall asleep in the
middle, not to wake up again for another 30 minutes.) She didn't
have to be nudged into drinking and she looked happy about it. It
was very exciting for both myself and the occupational therapist
who works with McKenzie. She had told me that all of a sudden the
babies generally get it and McKenzie did. It was amazing and
wonderful. Hopefully, she will repeat and surpass that experience
tomorrow.
Mel
PS
McKenzie is once again on the upswing with her weight. She is
approximately 8 pounds 9 ounces and her bottom has improved since
yesterday.
5 Message(s)
Posted May 5, 2008 4:13pm
by Andrea Nicholson
She looks great!
Glad to "check in" and see how well Kenz is doing. She may be a
daddy's girl, but she looks just like her mama!!! Phin is a cutie.
I love those little front teeth!
Posted May 5, 2008 7:54am
by Teresa Falzarano
Yeah McKenzie!
Hi Guys,
I'm so glad to read about the progress you're making. McKenzie is a
miracle baby and I know she will contiue to improve every day. I
will keep your whole family in my prayers. Love, Aunt Teresa
Posted May 2, 2008 2:25pm
by June Spriggs
mmmmmgood!
A full tummy and a happy bottom, what could be better! McKenzie is
a smart,determined, adaptabale little person who will show the
world what she can really do as soon as she gets all unpluggged
from the tubes. Look out world!
Love, June, David and Kristen
Posted May 2, 2008 6:45am
by Janeen Greathouse
Yeah Baby!!
Well, little one, too bad you're too young to appreciate it-----my
doctor sure isn't happy when I gain weight!! Good for you. Keep in
there and you'll be home in no time. I know the whole family is
anxious for that event!!! Much love to all!!
Posted May 1, 2008 9:24pm
by Char Mazeppa
Yay, Kenzie!!
We're so glad to read the good news! Our thoughts and prayers
continue for your whole family. There is a light at the end of the
tunnel....hang in there and soon you'll all be bonding at
home!
I love the pics....they're very sweet!
Love, Aunt Char and Uncle John xoxoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment