Pages

Monday, May 4, 2009

See For Yourself

I know people have been wanting to see how Izzy is doing, so here are pictures to help tell the story.
Izzy on the morning of April 13, 2009, preparing for surgery.

April 013

Izzy right after surgery.

April 018

Close up of that beautiful face.

April 019

Izzy without the ventilator for the first time.

April 033

Her sats were 95!!!!

April 034

Izzy after she was extubated the second time and no more bandages on the incision.

April 040

Taken just a little while ago. She is happy, but turned her head on me.

April 054

So, you can see for yourself that she is doing well. We have appointments with our two Dr. G's tomorrow---Gebara for the GI and Gerrits for the hypoparathyroidism. She will probably be very tired by the end of the day, but maybe Dr. Gebara will have answers or at least be okay with Izzy's eating.

Thank you all for the suggestions for Izzy and the bottle. We are trying them, the only problem is that she doesn't care what we do. She only wants solid foods and wants nothing to do with the liquid no matter how we give it to her. I guess we just need to get her off of the amnioacid only formula. Dr. Gebara said it could be soon at the last appointment, so here's hoping! And send more suggestions if you know how to overcome obstinance.

Mel

13 Message(s)


Posted May 6, 2009 11:35am
Glad she's doing better! It's such a relief to remember where they have been and look at where they are now!
HEART HUGS & PRAYERS~
cp: josephmichaelhall

Posted May 6, 2009 9:58am
Good Luck with that little stinker! My Audry refused to take food from the spoon (from me) at 7 months! The only thing she wanted was what she could put in her own mouth! The nurses at the pediatricians office said Good Luck with her! lol
So I'm passing on "professional" advice here... Good Luck with her!!
Just keep on trying...
Prayers Always,
Trisha
cp: JohnnysWay

Posted May 5, 2009 10:28am
Dear Melonie and Dale,
Thanks for sending the photos (Melonie, I sure can tell she's your daughter; she looks just like you!); we are praying for you and McKenzie.
Robert and Bonnie Russie

Posted May 5, 2009 8:28am
She looks wonderful! SOOO cute!
A year after Will's last surgery and fluids are still and issue, but getting much better. Will drinks best out of juice boxes...go figure. He still only sips milk (and only if we buy the expensive stuff in juice box type containers) but is up to two juice boxes a day...at least it is something!
prayers for Izzy. Kim and Will

Posted May 4, 2009 11:56pm
She's such a cutie! Glad to see Izzy is making progress and feeling better. Prayers coming at you.
Dorie
cp: MatthewNeuhaus

Posted May 4, 2009 11:34pm
Hi Mel,
She's a beautiful little doll, just beautiful. The healing has begun and it will still be a winding road for a bit but with prayers and faith the path will be smoother and straighter in the days ahead.
I'm getting ready to fly to Fla on Friday so if you don't see me responding, know that I have no computer down there!! Thoughts and prayers will continue, no matter where I am :o)
Sending love to you all for continued healing and peaceful rest. God bless....
Lots of love, Aunt Char
Uncle John is already down there with grandpa :o)
xoxoxxoxo

Posted May 4, 2009 10:33pm
I have been following your carepage for a while, and have grown to love Miss Izzy! She is an absolute Doll!
Will she take any type of liquid at all? Can or have you tried juices to see if she would take them?
I am wondering if she just does not like the formula she is on. Hopefully the Doctor will give you some good advice tomorrow.
Poor Baby, I bet she is just still sore from all she has gone through!
Let us know how tomorrow goes!
Love,
Sheila

Posted May 4, 2009 7:45pm
She looks great! I'm glad you are home and relaxing (well, trying to). Hang in there!
Laura and Lily
cp: lilygrace2

Posted May 4, 2009 7:07pm

Mel,
sorry no suggestins for obstinance. Was wondering when or if she could have a home visit from any of the staff. I am sure she is not ready for school yet! Thanks,
Renee

Posted May 4, 2009 6:23pm
I wouldn't recommend honey knowing the issues she has. That's one of those foods that babies aren't supposed to eat.

Posted May 4, 2009 6:21pm
Good luck with that obstinate one. Let me know what you find out. When Ivan was sick, he wouldn't take solid food, so I don't know what the issue is with refusing the bottle. Is it the bottle or liquid, I mean will she take a sippy cup?

Posted May 4, 2009 6:11pm
She is a year old-does she have to have the bottle? Can she eat yogurt for her milk nutrition? I have not followed this long so am unsure of the issues, but sometimes dipping the nipple in something she likes-honey, peanut butter, applesauce, etc. will encourage her to suck. I have a feeling it tasted nasty and she will not be fooled into drinking THAT again.

No comments:

Post a Comment