Pages

Friday, May 15, 2009

Back on Additional Diurectics

So, after my post yesterday, the radiologist finally looked at Izzy's x-ray. He decided that the ER docs were too liberal with the reading and that Izzy's lungs looked too wet to be just the cold and left-overs from surgery. So, we are back on lasix three times a day and aldactone. We saw the PCP's partner today since Izzy had not improved. I couldn't be certain, but I thought she sounded worse. The breathing treatments are only helping for less than an hour. Well, Dr. Richardson was expecting us and he put Izzy on a steriod to help open the lung passages since the cold was taking its toll on her lungs too. Hopefully, between the steroid, breathing treatments, and diurectics she will see improvement. Since Dr. Richardson is not Izzy's PCP, but only her partner, he only sees Izzy when Dr. Richards is out of the office. Those appointments are only when she is sick. So, when he saw her today, he was completely amazed. He said she looked the best he had ever seen her. I guess that is a good sign.

Other than trouble breathing, Izzy is doing really well. She is playing a lot, talking A LOT, and getting into trouble. Yes, we've had to start time out. Izzy thinks it is hilarious to hit us. While it doesn't hurt at this age, we are not going to condone such actions. Being sat down away from the toys doesn't bother her so much yet, but being ignored gets her angry. Hopefully, it will sink in soon.
She also is clapping now, trying to play peek-a-boo, and I think she is understanding the hand signal for more. It kinda looks like her clapping, but she is doing it differently and in response to me showing her the more sign, so we are going with it. She gets frustrated now when she can't get across what she wants, so learning signs will help us all. Right now, for everything, she is waving her arms and hands in the air toward whatever it is. It is very cute, but hard to tell the difference sometimes between I want something/bring me somewhere and dancing.

We hope everyone has a great weekend.

Mel

8 Message(s)


Posted May 18, 2009 9:22am
I hope the extra Lasix finally gets that fluid off her lungs. Sometimes, it just takes a few days for kids with sensitive lungs to turn the corner when they are dealing with an illness.
Speaking of signing, have you tried the "Signing Time" videos? My daughter loved them and she signed A LOT, thanks to those videos (easy to understand for mom and dad, too).
kerri testement
cp: katietestement

Posted May 16, 2009 3:16pm
Hopefully with the diuretics added back in along with the new steroid hopefully things will start getting better for Izzy!
Logan likes to clap when he signs "more" too. It so adorable!
Always in our many thoughts and prayers,
Stefenie, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan Jacks
cp: Loganbear

Posted May 16, 2009 10:56am
Melonie, Thank you for the post on Matthew's page. Reading your updates are encouraging. I have learned that none of this is text book, but a bunch of trial and error.
I hope McKenzie is able to remain at home. She sure is a cutie and looks so happy.
I will be praying for her!!
Melissa
cp: matthewjoshua

Posted May 16, 2009 9:21am
Thanks for the words EKG. Everything is still a little fuzzy to me from time to time. Mackynlee has been up since 3:00 and I had a difficult time falling to sleep last night. I continue to pray for Izzy. She is sooo beautiful. I hope your family has a wonderful weekend too! We are about to go to the ballfield. My 7 year old has a 9:00 and 10:00 ballgame then a end of the season swimming party today. She is so excited. She loves to play ball and swim. Mackynlee has a swimsuit I am going to put her in for the party, but I'm not going to put her in the pool of course!! LOL Susan
cp: BabyBedwell

Posted May 15, 2009 10:37pm
SO thankful that Izzy is able to remain at home in spite of this last "bump" in the road. The very best medicine available for her is being home with her loving family. I love the fact she is in need of "time outs"-- a perfect sign that she is getting stronger and gaining stamina! ;-) Dr. Richardson's assessment is indeed a fabulous one. Know that we continue to hold precious Izzy (and all of you her wonderful family) in our thoughts and prayers. Do take great care!

Posted May 15, 2009 9:14pm
Sounds like she is really coming along well.

Posted May 15, 2009 8:57pm
yeah izzy is such a funny little girl we love her
love uncle bob/bob

Posted May 15, 2009 8:40pm
Izzy is such a character! I remember the days of time out with my boys when they were little. The being ignored was the hardest thing for them too. Hopefully the return of the Lasix will work. We like Lasix around here. It keeps Matthew stable and healthy. Have a good weekend. We'll keep praying for your crew there.
Dorie
cp: MatthewNeuhaus

No comments:

Post a Comment