Upon arriving home this evening, we got some great news. Our
third appeal to Blue Cross regarding McKenzie's formula was
successful! They will cover the Nutramigen AA for at least
McKenzie's first year. When she turns 1, the doctor must reassess
and if she is still allergic, it will continue to be covered. This
is a great relief! We were spending over $300 a month on formula
when McKenzie was eating well. (No, she is still not eating
well.)
I was not going to bother with this appeal, but Dale persisted in writing the letter. He requested I do the teleconference since he thought my lawyerly skills would come in handy there. Apparently, our teamwork did it. This teaches me a lesson my father told me years ago: always challenge the insurance company's denial of coverage. I should never have lost faith in his lesson. It just goes to show that even when you get old, your parents are still wiser!
Mel
PS
There is a new picture of our IzzyBug. IzzyBug is another Phinism.
2 messages
I was not going to bother with this appeal, but Dale persisted in writing the letter. He requested I do the teleconference since he thought my lawyerly skills would come in handy there. Apparently, our teamwork did it. This teaches me a lesson my father told me years ago: always challenge the insurance company's denial of coverage. I should never have lost faith in his lesson. It just goes to show that even when you get old, your parents are still wiser!
Mel
PS
There is a new picture of our IzzyBug. IzzyBug is another Phinism.
2 messages
No comments:
Post a Comment