McKenzie is once again experiencing the GI problems. We had
stopped the medicine because it was only supposed to get her over
the hump, but apparently the hump was bigger than we thought, so we
started it again.
She is not eating well and once again we are wondering what to do. I understand her heart conditions. I understand her endocrine conditions. I understand her developmental delays. I just can't wrap my head around the feeding issues. Phineas has always eaten and eaten a lot unless he was very sick. Then again, he has always been a ball of energy. I can only think of a handful of days in Phin's 2+ years where he skipped a meal, but nothing like yesterday when Izzy skipped two.
The worst part about Izzy's eating issues is that she is not as active. She has been sleeping a lot more lately. Logically, I know she is probably not feeling well and her body is trying to take care of whatever is going on, but it makes my heart break because she looks fine. She smiles. She is happy.
The next question in my mind is whether the strength she has been building through therapy will be lost. She had been doing so well until a couple of weeks ago when all of this started. Her voice was actually strengthening because of the exercises they have us doing with her. She has been moving closer to sitting up. With each day this week, she has eaten less and slept more. And with each day, she has been able to work for shorter periods of time. It is very discouraging. I just want one week where everything looks like we are heading forward. We've been on this roller coaster for a year now and I want a break from the ride.
Mel
She is not eating well and once again we are wondering what to do. I understand her heart conditions. I understand her endocrine conditions. I understand her developmental delays. I just can't wrap my head around the feeding issues. Phineas has always eaten and eaten a lot unless he was very sick. Then again, he has always been a ball of energy. I can only think of a handful of days in Phin's 2+ years where he skipped a meal, but nothing like yesterday when Izzy skipped two.
The worst part about Izzy's eating issues is that she is not as active. She has been sleeping a lot more lately. Logically, I know she is probably not feeling well and her body is trying to take care of whatever is going on, but it makes my heart break because she looks fine. She smiles. She is happy.
The next question in my mind is whether the strength she has been building through therapy will be lost. She had been doing so well until a couple of weeks ago when all of this started. Her voice was actually strengthening because of the exercises they have us doing with her. She has been moving closer to sitting up. With each day this week, she has eaten less and slept more. And with each day, she has been able to work for shorter periods of time. It is very discouraging. I just want one week where everything looks like we are heading forward. We've been on this roller coaster for a year now and I want a break from the ride.
Mel
No comments:
Post a Comment